“Modern, clean, convenient location, excellent service - what more could you want...”

Zeitwohnhaus Suite Hotel & Serviced Apartments
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Erlangen
Erlangen
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I spent 8 months staying at Zeitwohnhaus, in a serviced Master Apartment which was in effect home for me. I loved every single day of my stay here. The apartment I 'lived' in was very modern, kitted out with all the latest gadgets (nespresso machine, ipod deck, flat screen TV (two in fact, one for the living room and one for the bedroom)) and with a great kitchen and bathroom. The Junior Apartment which I booked for a family visit was equally good and comes highly recommended for a family/group of 4 in number (there are two bedrooms and a kitchen/living room with very good use of space). My Master Apartment was cleaned around once a week and to a generally high standard (you can ask for extra cleaning but you have to pay extra for it). The location of Zeitwohnhaus couldn't be better - you are right by the centre of Erlangen, maybe a 5 to 10 minute walk. I particularly loved the EisHaus opposite the hotel (though I don't think my hips thanked the regular temptation but really, I have never tasted ice cream so good, try Zitrone and Coconut flavour). The hotel is also a few minutes walking distance to some great restaurants, from Greek to Italian to Indian. Staff are super friendly and super efficient - nothing is too much trouble, from accepting parcels (I mean lots!) to arranging dry cleaning, tailoring, booking taxis and so forth. I also had a birthday while I there and found myself surprised with a cake and bottle of wine (thanks Alex :-)).

Whilst it is not cheap, I would stay here again in a heartbeat and recommend that anyone who visits Erlangen stays here too. For me, Zeitwohnhaus made Erlangen - I think my experience of the town would be totally different if I had stayed somewhere else.

Special thanks to Bente, Alexandra and Erika for making me feel so welcome - you really do go way above the call of duty and make Zeitwohnhaus what it is so truly - vielen dank!

Room Tip: Master Apartment and Junior Suites are great.
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank SSerl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2011

If you don't need to have 24 hour room service and a hotel bar and are more interested in having something that feels a little more like home, then this is the best option of the long stay apartments in the region.

Nice features include:
- iPod dock
- Nespresso machine
- Free wi-fi
- Entire property is no smoking

I should note you don't need to be here for a long time either. My stay was for only 4 nights.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank royal618
india
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I had gone to visit my daughter during her stay in this hotel for more than a month. It is really nice.
Receptionist is very friendly and helpful.
Good location.
12 minute walk to Erlangen train station.
The serviced apartment is good for professionals.
Little expensive, but worth the price.
Only problem is that there is no phone in the room, so this could make things a little complicated, especially for professionals, or when you are new in the city and don't have a permanent point of contact
All in all, pleasant experience.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank personindia
Cluj-Napoca
Reviewed April 15, 2011

I can recommend with confidence this place. It's absolutely great.
I've stayed here for 2 months for business purposes and I found here everything I needed.
So if you are looking for a place to stay in Erlangen, check this place first.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business