“A great true Bavarian restaurant”
Review of Werdenfelser Hof

Werdenfelser Hof
Cuisines: German, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Moscow, Russia
“A great true Bavarian restaurant”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

You don't have to be a fan of Bavarian cuisine to enjoy dining in this place. The menu is vast with different offers. The gulash soup is one of the best ever! Everything, just everything is home-made, only the fresh brezels are bought from the baker next door. We loved the cuisine there!
It's a very cozy place, throughout Bavarian but without overexaggerating the atmosphere (have you seen that Monty Python sketch?). That's why there are more locals here than in other local restaurants in this main street - it's our personal opinion, the way it seemed to us.
The staff are very friendly, prompt and caring that you have all you need.
Note that it gets loud in the evening, especially on Friday. But that's typical, not that you can sit quietly in any Bavarian Gasthof in the evening ;)

• Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Severna Park, Maryland
“A True German Gasthaus”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This restaurant was recommend to my wife and I by a local resident of Garmisch. I had asked where I could get really good Jagerschnitzel and she suggested the Werdenfelser Hof in Partenkirchen. A group of six of us went for dinner and I have to say we were treated like familly. The waiter made excellent recommendation when asked about various menu options and spoke very good english. I lived in Germany for a total of 6 years in the 60's and 70's
and the food at this restaurant was as i remembered it. During our meal the restaurant had two boys perform German "slap dancing" while accompanied by a man playing the accordian several times during the evening. Folliwing the main course, the waiter recommened a dessert that was a local favorite that was a slight baked dough that included cinnamon, raisins and diced apples and topped with apple sauce that was absolutely delicious. He then brough each of us a complimentary pear schnapps that was really very good. We had a delightful time and I highly recommend this out of the way restaurant if you want a truely Bavarian eating experience.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank 610PaulC610
London, United Kingdom
“Could be the best option on LuwigStr.”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

There are many choices in Partenkirchen but the Werdenfelser is a great option for menu choice, friendleness and atmosphere. Can eat outside in good weather and the beer choice is good. Family friendly as well.

• Visited August 2013
San Terenziano
“Must visit”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Excellent German restaurant. We went there 4 times during our 7 day visit to Garmisch-Partenkirchen. In the evening, there is a German singer and Bavarian dancing by young children. For our boys birthday, the staff and the singer really went the extra mile to make it a good experience. Manuela and Elis are very helpful and personable. Manuela even did the complimentary schnapps shots with us for our boy's birthday.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Nabil C
Lake Ridge, Virginia, United States
“My Favorite Restaurant in Garmisch, possibly the world haha”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I grew up a military brat in Germany and came to this restaurant every time me and my family visited Garmisch. The owners are always there entertaining the guests. I remember these owners from when I was 5 years old over 25 years ago. You can tell that they really enjoy being there and try to make their guests really enjoy themselves. This restaurant has the best bavarian atmosphere and food around. They always have live german music with slap dancers for entertainment. They make their own delicious beer and serve it in the one liter mugs. The food is just amazing. Love this place!

• Visited June 2013