“Back again”
Review of Hotel Edelweiss

Hotel Edelweiss
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Went back to Garmisch Partenkirchen again. Great time, great service and great food. The "Team Edelweiss" did everything to make the stay unforgettable. We met friends there and they also had a perfect stay there. Special requests - no problem. We had bad weather but Team Edelweiss had ideas for all guests what to do and where to go to.

Room Tip: "My room" is so good, it's my secret
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Edelweiss

Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying here for a week last december. We have been coming to Garmisch Partenkirchen every two years for a long time. As a result of a distinct lack of hospitality from our usual hotel on our previous stay we decided to give this hotel a try due to the favourable reports on trip advisor. The husband and wife who are the hosts fulfill their role with honesty, kindness and true Bavarian hospitality. The hotel is absolutely clean, the staff are polite and the rooms are large, luxurious and cosy. Breakfast is good with lovely fresh food on offer. The location is actually good despite the fact that it seems a little further away but in reality it is only a very short walk to the centre of town shopping area. When you stay here for a while you feel more like you are in your own home than in a hotel. Enough superlatives! Just do it. Stay there and you will be just like me and writing a lovely review about it on trip advisor.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have the benefit of a large balcony while downstairs rooms are also lovely and quite...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank InquisitorX
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Me and my wife enjoyed a beautiful 2 nights stay at the Edelweiss. The husband and wife team make you feel as if you are the most important guests at their own home and the hospitality is amazing.
This was our second visit to GAP and we had stayed at another hotel before. However our stay at the Edelweiss was much comfortable and the experience was great and we are looking forward to staying with them again during our next visit to the region.
Keep up the good work guys!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MTushar
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

If you are thinking that this hotel is too good to be true well I can assure you that's all true in the reviews. Just landed here for a short visit and staying in the garden room overlooking the mountains.

It's beautifully decorated and very homely with lovely antiques. The lady owner- Brigitte- was very hospitable when we arrived and let us choose which room we wanted.

I'm greatly looking forward to my stay here and hopefully updating the rest of the website with my reviews in GP.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank nickinbracknell
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Edelweiss from April 14th through 16th, 2003.
It was a terrfic experience.
The town was walking distance.
The hotel owners (a couple) were most hospitable.
The breakfast was delicious.
The rooms were beautiful.
The bathroom was real clean.
The location was lovely.
Perfect.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I travel often and widely, and (especially in the US) there is a tendency to equate the fake smile with good service. At Hotel Edelweiss there was only genuine service, of the highest quality, from the moment I arrived until the moment - with free bar of chocolate - I left.

I stayed in a ground floor room for one night. It was simply perfect. Utterly clean, internet, secure parking (with small supplement), various Garmisch amenities catered for (card entitling me to use local bus etc), wonderful breakfast (classic Bavarian buffet but also fresh eggs, salmon).

I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 14; ground floor, small terrace; perfect
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed there not in a season, but enjoyed the place nevertheless 100%. Good rooms - we had the one on ground floor with patio access (perfect for sitting outside and enjoy a drink with mountains view). The staff is another super argument to stay exactly there - very friendly and helpful. Loved the fact that you can go to the bar, serve as your own barman and put your drink in a book - tells you something about the level of trust for the guests.

Room Tip: go for ground floor and rooms with patio access - great garden and mountains view plus total freedom
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends