“Our Home Away from Home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Edelweiss Lodge and Resort
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We've been coming to Edelweiss since 2005. We've never had a bad stay, even when the weather is not great. I love the bedrooms and the bedding is so clean and comfortable. This is our boys favorite place to vacation and it is probably mine too. The location reminds me of my Montana upbringing. The hotel is comfortable with plenty of amenities. And the staff is always great and fun to visit with. This time our boys did the kids club. They had a great time and were happy to go back the next day.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Aana B
EdelweissResortGAP, Guest Relations Manager at Edelweiss Lodge and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thanks for the great review and for your continued visits. We strive to ensure each and every visit is special.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

The rooms could use updating but they're a great price. The good thing is that the military folks are on their best behavior. The facilities are very clean and the food is not only good, but high quality and fairly priced. The staff is awesome to say the least.

Room Tip: get one of the suites
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for the great review. We have wonderful, caring staff that really enjoy ensuring our service member guests have a great stay. We hope you will come and stay with us again someday.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I lost track but I think this our third time at this hotel. It is a great lodge because they have so many amenities. The gift shop that accommodates tours is very helpful. In fact, one of the people I was traveling with had a sinus headache and directed us in town to a great pharmacy. I would stay here again...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

We have a lot of repeat visitors. There is so much to do and see which change with the seasons. We hope you will indeed stay with us again sometime soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I have been coming to this place for six years frequently. I have stayed in the Hotel, Cabin and the Campground. This time I decided to stay in the Rustic Cabin. As I checked in at 3pm I received a used unclean cabin. I went back to the hotel to ask them to get the cabin cleaned. After taking the kids to dinner and the pool we went back to the cabin just to see that it was vacuumed and the microwave was cleaned. The were still crumbs in the refrigerator and the beds were still dirty, the table had coffee stains on it as well. I asked my husband to call the hotel and ask them to send someone again so we could get a clean cabin. I was asked to come back to the hotel. I asked for the manager and she wrote down what I listed as still being dirty. I was told someone would be there in 45 min. The lady explained to me that they didn't know that I was a new guest and so the cabin had not been prepared for us. however it was too late to get it cleaned and I would have to wait til the morning to get the rest done after changing the sheets. By that time it was 10pm. We slept in a dirty cabin. The next morning we asked to get it taken care off and the manager who was on duty had no idea what had happened. After I asked if I was expected to pay full price she offered a discount of 50% for last night. On Thursday I wanted the sheets changed and asked if someone could vacuum the cabin since my son had spilled massive amounts of food (he got a hold of the bag). As I came back from sledding with the kids I saw a brush in front of my door. No clean sheets. I checked on the bath house as I wanted to shower the children but didn't want to shower them in a dirty one and the cleaning time said 2-3pm. the showers were filthy still. The water would run over the shower all over the floor because of hair stuck in every single shower. In the evening a very nice lady from the front desk came to get the showers cleaned as good as she could, she left me a vacuum to clean the cabin and left some clean sheets on the table, but by that time I was so tired of being here that I decided to leave this place early. I have never been so disappointed but I have seen service decline over the last few years. At breakfast quite a few glasses were dirty. The sled rental is almost twice as much as off post. Please do yourself a favor and find a different place to stay. Off post is cheaper, cleaner and friendlier. Also breakfast is included in your price.

Room Tip: Find a different place to stay.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank YSpiller

We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations even though you have visited us for over six years now. I am checking into our process with the cabins to ensure our vacation village guests get the same level of service and responsiveness that our Lodge guests experience. We hope you will give us another chance to prove we can provide quality service.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We went here for a marriage retreat, and we had a great time. The area was fantastic, and the view from our room was great. We loved the pool, and we enjoyed the food. We ate at the buffet, and Zuggy's Base camp. We also loved that we could buy our tickets for the train up the mountain at the hotel, and that saved us a lot of hassle, Will stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lynsdeyblack11

Thanks for the review. Hopefully you will come stay with us again!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I reviewed this hotel last Summer, after returning from a Military Retiree Tour, but Tripadvisor does not allow editing of past reviews. Additionally, Tripadvisor does not allow links to Youtube videos that it considers promotional. Since most folks considering one of the Retiree Tours will probably check this site, I am extending the offer of a free Youtube video that I produced of our trip. It was made primarily for our enjoyment, and sharing with friends, but I think it will answer a lot of questions for anyone considering one of the tours.....I certainly wish that I had access to something like this prior to our trip. The first Part is a little slow, but gives you an idea of what to expect of the hotel and Garmish area. Just send me a PM, and I will provide the Youtube links.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DaChief

Thanks for your visit. Post your video on our facebook page if you get a chance. I am sure other retirees would benefit learning from your experience.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We took advantage of a wonderful Fall Weekend special rate to stay at the Edelweiss. We were really excited to come to this facility at an affordable price. Room problems: terribly worn and sagging mattresses on both beds; food stains on the wall surfaces; beer cans left in the wardrobe; bathroom sink stopper was broken; terrible lighting throughout the room. Buffet restaurant was expensive for what was offered; closed on Sunday without any prior notice; no sign at the entrance explaining the closure - just closed. When we asked at the Front Desk, it was handled in a flippant manner and we were directed to the sports bar downstairs. The Point coffee prices were out of sight! A Grande Americano was charged at $2.20 per shot, totaling $8.80; we're charged $4.00 for the same beverage at the Community Activity Center (another MWR facility) in Wiesbaden. Partnack Gorge Tour with Pete was awesome and the highlight of our trip. We'll stay elsewhere our next trip to Garmisch.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Chris10790

We are sorry that we didn't meet your expectations. We strive to make the vacations affordable and memorable. I will relay your praise for Pete and the Partnach Gorge Tour. He is just one example of our extraordinary staff that really care about providing a great vacation experience. We hope you will give us another chance to prove we provide quality service to our deserving guests.