All reviews cream sauce staying at this hotel breakfast was included ski jump cold meats yogurt location is great lovely hotel germany mountains zugspitze backyard
Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

Spouse and I ate dinner here twice, and can strongly recommend the gulasch, grilled Turkey with cream sauce, and both apple and cream strudels. And in my humble opinion, they had the best kassespatzle out of the dishes we tried.

Our waiter for both trips was also very accommodating, especially so due to our limited understanding of Deutsche. 10/10 would recommend

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2018

First of all, we enjoyed our stay. When we travel around Europe, we try
to stay at traditional type of hotels as much as we can.
The staff were very friendly and attentive. The room #211 which was
the corner room, was clean and comfortably heated with two radiators
in the room and one in the bathroom.
The bed was little on the soft side for our taste and the comforter
was thin, almost felt summer weight. (We enjoy sleeping in a cold
room with thick blanket so this was a little challenging.) There was
a single person sofa/chair which hold out to be a bed but we did not
see any extra sheets nor blanket in the closet.
The shower stall in the room had little opening at the bottom of middle
panel which made me worry about leakage while taking shower. Also the
fixture in shower was broken, the height adjuster for the shower did not
work so we had to hold the shower head.
Breakfast had usual German hotel items…bread/rolls/cereals, scrambled
egg, boiled egg, variety of deli meat and cheese, smoked salmon, some fresh
cucumbers and tomatoes, fruits, yogurt and fruit juices. The wait staff comes
around to take your drink order and refills coffee pot as needed.

Let me give you a little warning, if you are considering staying at this hotel, don’t
make any changes to your stay once you make the reservation. Originally, we
planned to stay for 3 nights, we needed to cancel our 2 nights due to work
situation.
Since we notified them in the morning of our 2nd day, we understood that they would probably charge us for that day, however they charged us for the entire stay of 3 nights which we did not understand.
There might be emergency situations when you might have to leave sooner but you won’t get your money back from this hotel.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank gruen17
Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

I had so many hotel stays during my visits in different countries. The worst hotel customer experience is at Hotel Drei Mohren, Ludwigstr. 65, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, 82467, Germany.

They don’t response to your room requests until an hour later I made another request at the front desk regarding my previous requests.

When the person brought the stuff up to the room, they peek into your room and spoke something in German.

They don’t like for you to boil water in the room.

There is a heavy weight lady with glasses who someone claimed to be the boss, is having an attitude issues:

1. When making the payment, the total does not match the price we booked on the Booking.com, so we pointed it out, she said that’s visitor tax. We told her for the past 2 weeks in Bavaria, Germany, we never have to pay visitor’s tax. She started to get unhappy and mumbled in German. We had no clue what she she is talking but it couldn’t be good.

2. Then she started making threats if we don’t agree to pay the visitor’s tax, she will charge it to our credit card. And looking at us with a very fierce look, her tones and her attitude was totally unprofessional. On top of that, she kept saying “what is your problem?” repeatedly. It’s only €10, if we can travel this far to visit your country, do you think we can’t afford to pay €10? We just some clarification.

3. After her way of handling the issues, my sister asked her to make a phone call to booking.com just to clear things out because we can’t speak German and we don’t have a German phone, she rudely refused and kept saying we need to make the call ourselves and said that she is going to call booking.com to complain about us.

4. I saw a phone on the desk so I thought maybe we could used the phone to make the call. So I picked up the phone, then she started yelling at me that the phone is not for me to use. I was standing just listening to her conversation with my sister, the only thing I did is pickup the phone and I got yell at. That made me angry. So I asked why is she yelling at me. She started to mumbled in German again. I wished I turn on my phone recorder, so I ask someone what the hack is she talking about.

5. The service in the breakfast is not so good either. The waiter doesn’t even clear the dishes on the table even when you have some used plates on the table. Well, this is not a big deal, just wondering is it they hotel norm?

If there is a rating of 0 and less, I’ll give it -10.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel in January.
Our room was perfect - a suite on the highest floor. It had a huge balcony with views of the ski jump, runs and mountains. The room was lovely and warm with comfy beds and a seated area with large tv.
We ate in the restaurant and the service was prompt and friendly. The food was typically Bavarian with huge portions. Breakfast was very good with bacon, sausages and eggs, cereals, cold meats, fruit etc. The staff were friendly and helpful.
The hotel is situated on the pretty Ludwigstrasse with shops, cafes and restaurants. A lovely hotel, would recommend it.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is quite nice and very typical for Bavaria with it's old-school wooden interior. Location is great since it is right in the city center.
The only thing I have to criticize are the quite narrow rooms.
Breakfast is ok, but nothing fancy.

Date of stay: October 2017