“Best restaurant in Garmisch!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of VAUN

VAUN
Cuisines: European, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Opening times: Monday to Saturday 5:30 p.M. To 11 p.M.
Key West
“Best restaurant in Garmisch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

I live in Garmisch and I have eaten at VAUN often over the last 2 years. I've loved every single one of my meals there! The food is wonderful, so is the ambiance, the decor AND the service. If you're in the mood for something outside the typical Bavarian meal you can get anywhere in the area, this is it and you will not be disappointed. The menu changes every few weeks so I personally love to return and discover the new flavors of the month. The products are local and seasonal which makes the meal even more palatable. I recommend you make a reservation. It is a small place with outside seating in the summer.

• Visited February 2014

• Czech first
Arlington, Virginia
“Nice meal, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I love the way this place is decorated. It is a very small space but you wouldn't really know or feel that because everything is so clean and a little rustic - they use a lot of wood for decoration but it's light colored wood. The food is good and they have many wines by the glass that are decent priced. We were surpised by the quality of the meal how cheap it was (we were expecting to pay 100+ euros for two people). We each had a starter/appetizer, two entrees, dessert, two glasses of wine and a bottle of water. We came out around 70 euros. Definitely a more quiet restaurant and is good for laid back or special occaisions. The waitress/owner also speaks English and they have an English menu.

• Visited January 2014
park city
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great meal in Garmisch without vienerschnitzel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

We had a terrific meal at Vaun, with good service and charming atmosphere. I am celiac so had to dine gluten free and Vaun was most accommodating. They knew exactly what I couldn't eat, and the lovely server spoke perfect English, I do not speak any German.
Had salmon and salad, my husband had chicken and salad, both were well prepared and a nice change from the usual heavier fare that we had expected.
I would highly recommend Vaun for dinner if in Garmsich, but not the skiing this year! There is no snow!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
San Diego, California
“Oooh, that pumpkin soup....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Had a memorable lunch at this tiny gem of a restaurant. I was spending the day in the GaP area, and stepped in to get warm, but I got a great meal, too. I started with prosecco mixed with homemade spiced apple (fabulous!), followed by a pumpkin/coconut soup with toasted pumpkin seeds that is the stuff dreams are made of. For my main, I had a wonderful stuffed chicken breast with pesto gnocchi. Host/owner Mariam was so wonderful -- treated me like a local. Such a small town gem!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank ggin92101
Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
“Best Restaurant anywhere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

I've eaten at restaurant around the world, and this is my favorite. Everything on the menu is delectable. The flavors are complex and complementary, and I always leave full yet wanting more. It's almost a letdown to have to stop eating! The personable service (in German or English) is excellent as well, and makes you feel like part of the family. I can't recommend this place highly enough!

• Visited June 2013