All reviews sister hotel train station rooms are small small garden street parking stayed nights hotel is located would stay here again no elevator yogurt town centre balcony bio zugspitze hiking alpine
Selected filters
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

I’m very pleased with my stay at Biohotel Bavaria. The staff is very welcoming and I had no problems communicating in English. The hotel is located 5-8 minutes walk from the train station and the main city streets. Perfect placement with no noise and problems with sleeping with my windows open, keep in mind there’s no A/C.

The hotel and room had overall a classic lodge feeling, and bathroom seemed recently renovated and it was big and great. I had a single room which was pretty comfy and spacious, the cleaning was superb, thorough and quick. It was already cleaned after my quick breakfast in the morning. The only improvement would be a more comfy bed, it was a bit too firm for me. The WiFi was fast and working with no problems.

The breakfast was a small buffet, but I think everyone would find something they like. Warm options were egg and bacon, and otherwise cereals, yoghurts, bread, ham and so on. I enjoyed my breakfast at a table in the small garden, perfect start of the day. I also ordered their lunch box for €8 for when I were going to bike for the whole day, and I really loved it. I got two sandwiches, egg, banana, chocolate and a soft drink. Perfect for my biking trip, recommended!

Staying at a hotel in Garmisch is perfect when it comes to distance to Zugspitze, biking trails and other attractions - in a city surrounded by mountains.

I’m giving this hotel 4/5 rating, with the bed comfort improved I’d have no problems giving full score - don’t get me wrong, I strongly recommend to stay here either way, and the staff is great! Extra kudos for their bio/environmental focus, with honey bees in garden and overall focus environmental friendly products such as cosmetics and not to mention the organic food.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 6, 2018

This older local hotel is a gem. Once inside the place is Spotless. The rooms we had were spacious and comfortable with a great balcony view of the Bavarian Alps. The staff is friendly and knowledgable. There is a tradional German breakfast buffet each morning which was very good . It is a 5 min walk to CityCenter ,restaurants,shops etc. You can take the local train the the Mountians for sight seeing on hiking . It approx. 1hr 30 min by car to Munich . I believe you can take a train from Munich but not sure. In close driving distance to many tourist sites. I highly recommend this quaint hotel.

Room tip: Rooms 62,63 great balcony views ,sleeps 3
Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2018

Although the rooms are small, they were very clean. The Staff were very friendly and breakfast was very good.

The Hotel is very close to the town centre and about 5 minutes from the Railway station.

The view from our balcony was awesome as per the photo.

This is a boutique Hotel and did not see A/C but at the time we stayed it was not needed so didn't look for it.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2018

We stayed here for one night and were quite happy with the place. It is an a back street and, just to clear up any confusion, is also called the Biohotel Bavaria, though many of the signs, including the main one by the street, still have the old name. The hotel is quite nice and resembles an alpine guest lodge, which is basically what it is. The man at the reception was very helpful in getting us oriented to the town and in helping us find a restaurant for dinner. Our room had the same alpine style as the rest of the building and had a rather large bathroom. We had some trouble with the free wifi but I eventually fixed it. Breakfast the next morning (included) was good.

As good as the place was, there were a few things I didn't like. They have no elevator so I had to lug my suitcase up a rather old staircase. As mentioned, I had some trouble with the wifi. The shower was tiny, much smaller than necessary and the radiator in the bathroom which looked like a rack and which we hoped to use to dry a few things we washed in the sink, did not work in early May. Finally, there's no parking here; you're on your own to find street parking somewhere. Despite that, I would stay here again. The place was nice and they were eager to help us find things to do in the area, so their service was also good.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2017

We were on a autumn hiking trip in Garmisch-Partenkirchen and stayed 4 nights in hotel Bavaria. It was a very pleasant and positive stay. We had lovely,quiet single rooms and a really tasty and healthy breakfast The staff was very friendly and helpful.
The railway-station is just a few minutes walk away and around the corner you have a bio-foodmarket. We will definitely be back.

Date of stay: September 2017