All reviews the main hotel apartment was spacious booked a double room hotel restaurant an italian restaurant living room third floor a couple of minutes walk main door lovely room no lift top floor coffee machine train station yogurt bells town
Selected filters
Reviewed February 14, 2019 via mobile

We ended up booking here despite its terrible reviews as there was nothing else available to book in Garmisch. It has a Italian restaurant attached to the front where we had food on the first night. The portions were measley and the food was served cold. The Italian waiter winked at me and repeatedly stared at me during eating with my family which was highly inappropriate and made me feel very uncomfortable.
The breakfast each morning was awful, one member of staff working so no cutelry and hardly any hot food. We had to wait a while for more food to be brought out despite there being not that many people eating.
The rooms are average, nothing special. There was no hot water coming from our shower so we had cold showers for a week. Staff not friendly or very helpful.
Will not be staying here again and would not recommend. Garmisch has too many other nice guest houses and hotels to offer, just make sure you get in quickly!

Date of stay: February 2019
Reviewed January 15, 2019

Apart from the wifi that didn't work, towels that were suitable as rags, coupled with the warning (see attached photos), a semi-clean room, tired facilities, the main issue we had was with the manager on duty. We had a few run-ins with him, but the main one was when we asked about the wifi outage (the entire 4 days we stayed), he rudely said that if we could check out if we weren't happy. He could've diffused the situation by offering some kind of small compensation, perhaps a complementary coffee or drink.

Although the location couldn't be better, I recommend finding somewhere else, even if the walk to the center of the town is longer.

1  Thank lee f
Reviewed January 6, 2019 via mobile

The hotel is located in the centre of Garmisch only a walking distance from the bus and train station. The rooms has an old charm. A price worthy hotel with friendly and effective staff, a good location and an OK breakfast.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2019 via mobile

I have to say that I've stayed a lot of hotels and I have to say the 'Welcome we have just received is as bad as I've ever received. Possibly the rudest reception person ever.

Then the good bit, we get our keys for the apart hotel annex and walk the 150 metres to the room.

See pictures, room not ready....

We rang the hotel and the same reception person, we suspect he hung up.

We came back over, no apologies just excuses that the maid had not done the room and updated the system, the system however when checked said the room was not ready.

Still not his fault, making up for the mix up by way of a free drink. I have never had this before.v

Nice hotel that obviously needs a personality makeover.

Date of stay: January 2019
2  Thank Stuart1103
Reviewed January 3, 2019 via mobile

Having never been to Garmisch previously, I was happy to take the recommendation of those in our party who had, and who suggested that the Atlas Posthotel would be a good base for our trip. As a party of 7 people, we booked a double room, a single room, and a two bed apartment. Alwyn has already reviewed the double room, this is a review focusing on the single room and the apartment.

The single room was quite a lot smaller than the double room that Alwyn enjoyed, but was warm, clean and comfortable. My son liked having his own space, the only downside for him was not having a kettle to make a coffee, but he came to our apartment instead. The bathroom was very small but again very clean.

The apartment was a couple of minutes walk away, across the road from a bar and next to an Italian restaurant. We were the only guests staying in the apartment block that week, and had been allocated a room on the top floor. This was difficult for us as my husband only has one lung and a respiratory disease, but we were so happy with the apartment itself that we decided not to request a move to a ground floor apartment, and just to scale the three flights of stairs slowly. We had not thought to advise the hotel in advance of his mobility limitations, and so they were unaware of his needs. They were so helpful at each interaction with them that I have no doubt they would have arranged a different accommodation for us if we had asked. However, if you are thinking of booking an apartment, it is worth knowing that there is no lift and many stairs.

Our apartment was spacious, with a large bathroom and comfortable living room. The bedrooms were reasonably sized but the ceiling sloped in both, and we all bumped our heads at least once through not being careful enough. There is a small balcony with a lovely view of the mountains. I wasn't very comfortable in the bed, the mattress seemed quite hard and there was only one pillow per person.

The apartment was lovely and warm, which was ideal in the snowy weather. The kitchen was tiny yet had a coffee machine as well as a kettle. The entry buzzer didn't work, so we had to go downstairs to let the rest of our party in if they came to meet us. This was only a minor inconvenience though.

The breakfast was included with the cost of the apartment, but I had to pay for my son as he was in the main hotel. The breakfast was OK, but quite limited and repetitive each day. I did like the tinned fruit and yoghurt as an option though.

We had a meal in the hotel's Italian restaurant one night. Most of the meals were fine, although one was served lukewarm. The prices were reasonable for a hotel restaurant and portion sizes generous.

Overall I would book again, and would recommend the hotel to others.