“Enjoyable stay”
Review of Hotel Hilleprandt

and 1 more site!
Hotel Hilleprandt
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The hotel is great with a particularly helpful Father and Daughter management team. Very knowledgeable about the local area. Decent breakfast as well. The hotel is located a short walk from the central square in Garmisch Partenkirchen and is quiet/secure. Parking is easy next to it and the rooms are a good size. The main thing which differentiates it is the happy and proactive management who try hard to help unlike the perceived brusque but efficient stereotype which the area is known for.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We spent five nights in that wonderful hotel and felt very comfortable. The hotel is located in a friendly and peaceful environment. The location is a short walking distance to the town; where you find beautiful shops and restaurants.The railway station is also conveniently walking distance.We were four people and had two hotel rooms.The size of the room was very accommodating and spacious. Our balcony had a breath-taking view of the mountains. In the evening, all of our beds were made with chocolates on top of the pillows. The mattresses were firm and provided a good night's sleep. The whole hotel was non-smoking so it was great for the children. The breakfast was delicious and the buffet had a wonderful variety.Being addicted to coffee, the coffee machine was easy to figure out.One evening, the hotel owner, Christiane cooked us roast pork with dumplings and red cabbage.It melted in our mouths! Christiane's father Klaus gave us useful sightseeing tips, speaking perfect English. Overall, the staff was friendly and helpful to our needs. We will return to this hotel and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Peter K
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed here last week for a skiing break with my husband. Overall, the hotel is comfortable- not luxurious but I did feel like I was sleeping in my own bed which for me is a massive plus. The location is pretty spot on- 100m from the train station and a 5 min walk into Garmische. Breakfast was nice but lack of some basics like toast (and breakfast tea for me) was a bit of a let down- a theme continued in the room where there was no tea/coffee making facilities. Unfortunately, after a day skiing or walking in the mountains this is something you really notice- especially paying the prices we did. There is a coffee machine in the breakfast room, yes, but you will be charged. Also, we were charged for a bottle of spring water which was in our room everyday but this was not made clear until presented with the bill....not great customer service :(

I totally understand the comments about the owner, she is definately not the most warm host you could meet but I did feel like she was efficient and answered all our questions about the area. Everything said, I was pretty happy here.

HOWEVER, a word of warning (too late this season) Garmische and transport links to attached ski resorts on the 'top snow pass' e.g. Erwald, Lamoos etc. bascially stop being accessible last few weeks in the ski season. We paid full rate for the lift pass only to be stranded several times for hours and given incorrect information by the local ticket offices about the services running. The classic area, which is accessible is pretty small to serious skiiers, so, I would definately NOT reccomend the resort for skiing unless in the middle of the ski season.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The property is advertised as a hotel but to us it seemed more like a B&B. It really struck us how rude the owner is. At check-in she answered our questions in a very abrupt, rude manner - this is not Bavarian hospitality! The property is completely "dominated" by her presence: The sauna goes on and off at her discretion, breakfast only starts at 8 in the morning, there are rules and restrictions signposted everywhere. At breakfast we watched her father who was overseeing the buffet how he put back leftovers from other guests onto the buffet ... (and yes, this is supposed to be a "hotel"). Only positive thing was the room which was clean with mountain views as advertised.
For this price, quite disappointing, I should have read the other reviews. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RTWEurope
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed 3 nights at the Hotel Hilleprandt and we very much enjoyed our stay.It is in a very convenient location,within walking distance to stores and restaurants and close to the train station.Yet it is a quiet residential location.
Our host Klaus was very helpful and spoke excellent English.
The breakfasts were very good and generous.
Also the hotel was immaculate and had a computer to use for free.
We hope some day to have a return stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maryg882
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Hotel Hilleprandt is nice, clean, and quiet. It was a convenient walk to several eating places and only a bit farther to shopping and the train station. Our hosts were friendly and helpful. We loved our small balcony and the view of the mountains. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank becpen
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I was very satisfied with my recent stay at the Hotel Hilleprandt. It is centrally located with easy access to the train/bus stations, hiking trails, biking paths, stores, restaurants and to the center of town. Additionally, the hotel was quiet and I awoke each day to the sound of birds chirping outside my window. The owners were extremely helpful in answering my questions and also responsive to my needs. They were friendly, attentive yet also sensitive to my privacy. The room was clean as was the hotel in general and the price was reasonable. The breakfast meal was excellent, the food fresh and always available consistent with the defined schedule. Internet access was readily available from the room and never did I experience a problem with the service.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo