For the second summer in a row we've stayed at a family-run hotel in the Alps and on both occasions we've been impressed by the quality of service. The Partenkirchner Hof also stands out thanks to its restaurant, which serves some of the best food I've eaten in a hotel. Not the best for vegetarians, the meat dishes were mouth-watering. And although we didn't eat there every night, we could easily have done so and there aren't many hotels we've stayed in where we could say that.
The hotel - which oozes character thanks in part to a wealth of traditional features and antiques - is just a few minutes walk from the train station and sits on an unpromising road almost mid-way between the main centres of Garmisch and Partenkirchen. So it's not perfect if you want to be right in the heart of one of the two towns. Otherwise it's a 10-minute walk in either direction. Our room was large and comfortable and on the ground floor with a door onto the garden and sun loungers. Bizarrely we had to go up a flight of stairs and down another to get there. The maids did an excellent job during our stay. Breakfast was good quality and typically continental but fans of traditional English breakfasts are likely to be disappointed. Service in the bar was efficient.
The hotel is a great base for mountain walks and excursions further afield by bus or train, including to King Ludwig's incredibly pretty Lindherfof Palace. We also recommend a trip up the Zugspitze by train and a walk up the extraordinary Partnachalm gorge. The hotel has a spa (with steam room, sauna, pool etc) but be careful on the stairs to avoid the nasty fall one of us had.
Garmisch and Partenkirchen are large and often attractive towns but they seem to die at night, at least they did in the week we were there. Finding bars open into the evening (or at least ones with people in them) proved fruitless. Hopefully it's busier come ski season or maybe we were looking in the wrong places.
Our only criticism of the hotel? Perhaps the staff could be a little less stiff, a little more friendly and approachable because while supremely professional is welcome, sometimes a smile and a bit of warmth is welcome too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reindl’s Partenkirchner Hof Is not only a traditional First Class Hotel in the heart of Garmisch-Partenkirchen, but represents a heart-warming, friendly and familiar atmosphere with personal charm. Most of the comfortable rooms, junior suites, and suites are situated in the quite garden area and all have a wonderful mountain view. Next to the garden is the modern Wellness Area with saunas, steam bath, cave showers, gym room, solarium, swimming pool and a hot-tub for hours of relaxation. For those with a taste for World Class food, Reindl’s Restaurant is the first choice in Garmisch-Partenkirchen. Here, one can enjoy the finest of Bavarian specialties, as well as a light Cuisine from the Head Chef Marianne Holzinger. One will find traditional dishes paired with a rustic elegance in Reindl’s Restaurant. The “Brasserie” has it’s own menu with attractive deals for the small and large appetites. The Hotel Bar “Enoteca” serves a great mix of cocktails, fine wine, freshly tapped beer and great appetizers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Reindl's Partenkirchner Hof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reindl`s Partenkirchner Hof Hotel Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Reindls Partenkirchner Hof Hotel
- Reindls Partenkirchner Hof Garmisch Partenkirchen
- Partenkirchner Hof