“Great experience”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Good German food and of course beer! Service was adequate. Visited on a weeknight and it was busy, but not too. Even though I don't eat beef, or pork or gluten, I was able to enjoy delicious sides.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We ate here three times in one week - the food is that good.

One of the nicest steaks I've ever tasted (its called roast beef on the menu) and it comes with these great little fried onions, roasted potatoes and a lovely fresh side salad.

The menu is varied and has a range of traditional Bavarian dishes.

Nice range of local beers and great service from the waiting staff.

The building is steeped in history and was once a brewery, so its an experience on all the senses.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We've eaten here 3 times since moving to Garmisch. Never disappointed, and like most German restaurants, they're dog friendly.
I had the schweine-haxe, and the -braten. Both excellent. My wife had duck and it was to die for.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great German environment. The food was traditional German food and it was delicious. Live music and a great place to take the family and friends for a good evening. I will be back next time when I'm in town

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place is in an old building that has maintained the original décor and feel. It was very busy and we had to share a table which we didn't mind. Food is German, service fast and lots of atmosphere. You will leave with your belly too full for desert.