This hotel has a great location on a small lake above Garmisch. Our room was only 119 euro including breakfast which we felt was excellent value for a lovely hotel with a spa. We travel with a large dog and really enjoyed taking him for a moonlight walk around the lake. The rooms are typical european size,nicely furnished with comfortable beds. The spa pool is big enough to swim short laps. The changing room is tiny and you have to remember a Euro coin if you need a locker. All the rooms are provided with large toweling robes so most people will change in their room but it may require a short walk outside. The saunas are small with an outside area for cooling off. I can imagine at peak season the spa might be crowded but we had no problems. Breakfast buffet was great,large selection of hot and cold foods even some mini Weisswurst. We were fairly early at breakfast and nothing ever ran out. I read all the recent English and German language reviews. While I agree that service in the restaurants is not great we had no major problems. One reviewer was unhappy that they forgot to bring cutlery with a main course, same thing happened to us but I did not feel it spoiled our meal. We found the food good. The Garden restaurant had a nice salad buffet, soup and main course. Second night we were in the See restaurant. The food was good very tasty but no salad buffet just soup and main course a little disappointing. We had no problems with cleanliness of the room. The room had been completely refurbished since we stayed here 2 years ago. I cannot say that the reception staff were friendly but they were not unfriendly just business like. They were very helpful when we needed advice on hikes. Our only critcism overall is the high Internet access rates with no free Wifi even in the reception area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holidays in Bavaria In the middle of the Bavarian alps, high above Garmisch-Partenkirchen the Riessersee Hotel Resort welcomes its guests with bright prospects for an unforgetable stay. Next to the main building, at the shores of lake Riessersee, is the Seehaus (lake house) with nine luxury suites and a fantastic panorama terrace. Enjoy culinary delicacies in our restaurants - original Bavarian or international food is offered. The spa area guarantees well-being in every season with its chlorine-free Grander water indoor pool, sauna and steam bath. Relax with the unique view to Alpspitze, Waxensteine and Zugspitze. Riessersee Hotel Resort in Garmisch-Partenkirchen - the perfect place for holidays for the whole family, for your wedding in Bavaria, honeymoon, for meetings or events. Perfect holidays in Bavaria. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Riessersee Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riessersee Hotel Sport And Spa Resort
- Riessersee Hotel Sport & Spa Garmisch-Partenkirchen