Pros: pleasant, helpful staff; lovely grounds (trout pond, hiking trails), very quite/peaceful, very nice breakfast buffet included in the rate.
Cons: no wi-fi in the rooms, wi-fi in the common lobby but it costs $20/day; the hotels a bit of a trek from town-- definitely walkable, but it'll take you b/w 30-45mins each way, I was charged in USD v. Euro.
The rooms themselves were typical tourist class-- nothing to rave about, but no complaints. Bathrooms were a bit bigger than normal EU standards-- stand-up showers but no tub. Breakfast was very nice and more substantial than alot of Continental type breakfasts. I also ate dinner at the outdoor restaurant (you've a choice of about 3 restaurants on the property) and found the food and service good. Pricing was higher than out in town, but not outrageous.
Re: being charged in USD, I prefer to pay in the hotel's local currency (in this case, euro) b/c typically hotel's don't offer a very competitive exchange rates. Riessersee, without asking, charged me in USD. When I asked if they could please charge me in euro instead, they told me it was "not possible b/c my credit card's issuing bank was American." That's complete rubbish. I've stayed all over Europe, Asia, and Africa and I promise, you can charge euro/etc to my cc. Having to catch a flight out of Munich, I wasn't in the mood to argue the point, so I let it go, but this was disappointing/annoying to me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holidays in Bavaria In the middle of the Bavarian alps, high above Garmisch-Partenkirchen the Riessersee Hotel Resort welcomes its guests with bright prospects for an unforgetable stay. Next to the main building, at the shores of lake Riessersee, is the Seehaus (lake house) with nine luxury suites and a fantastic panorama terrace. Enjoy culinary delicacies in our restaurants - original Bavarian or international food is offered. The spa area guarantees well-being in every season with its chlorine-free Grander water indoor pool, sauna and steam bath. Relax with the unique view to Alpspitze, Waxensteine and Zugspitze. Riessersee Hotel Resort in Garmisch-Partenkirchen - the perfect place for holidays for the whole family, for your wedding in Bavaria, honeymoon, for meetings or events. Perfect holidays in Bavaria. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Riessersee Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riessersee Hotel Sport And Spa Resort
- Riessersee Hotel Sport & Spa Garmisch-Partenkirchen