“Outstanding.”

$240.54*
and up
A Full Day Private Tour of Neuschwanstein Castle
More attraction details
Owner description: Hello everyone! My name is Jake Doherty. I am the owner and operator of 'all things garmisch.' After studying history at Oglethorpe University in Atlanta I moved to Bavaria and never left! I have been a tour guide, event planner, and vacation organizer for the past 9 years! I would LOVE to show you the beauty of my adopted home so check out our website!
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Jake is an outstanding guide. He is prompt, fun, educational, and passionate about the area and his work. He will have you so involved and enjoying your day you will not want it to end.
There were 4 people in my party and we hired Jake for 2 days. All of us had a fantastic time due to Jake.
Best money I ever spent on a vacation!!!

All reviews
"breathtaking scenery"
"love history"
"outstanding tour"

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband & I wanted to visit Germany but didn't know what all to see. We had heard the mountains in Garmisch were beautiful so I looked for a tour and happened upon some of your reviews. I cannot say THANK YOU enough! Jake was phenomenal and well surpassed any of our expectations. Spending the day with him learning about the country, meeting locals, and hanging out was definitely the highlight of our trip. He was so accommodating and personable; it felt like we were visiting an old friend.

We did a day tour of the city of Garmisch, took a Gondola up the Wank Mt. and finished up at the Griesbrau Brewery. An event filled day, but absolutely perfect! Jake blew me away with all of the historical knowledge and stories he shared, and he presents them in such an intriguing way that you find yourself hanging on his every word. He has such a passion for what he does and it truly shows. The beer at the Griesbrau was delicious and the brewmaster, Wolfgang, was knowledgeable and fun as well!

I cannot recommend Jake and his tours enough. It was awesome to have our own personal tour guide for a day and to see the sites from a local's perspective. I love to travel and take pictures - and you can take pictures of some incredible sites, but if you don't have the background behind it and the appreciation for the object - you're missing out. That is what Jake provided for us - a priceless experience and incredible memories we will never forget! THANKS JAKE YOU ARE THE BEST!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

There is no better tour guide if your coming to Germany. Jake is very knowledgable about the history of the area. We booked him for two trips. One day we went on his Castle tour. He picked us up at our hotel and began by giving us the entire history of the castles before we entered. As the castle tour guides took us around (Jake cannot give tours inside as the castles have their own staff) we realized how little information they shared. Jake would then fill in the rest of the story. The second day we went to Dachua and Munich tour. Again, around every corner, he shares his knowledge in such a way, that you don't even realize you are in a history class. He is funny, friendly and very easy to be with. You can tell he enjoys his job. Just a hint, when he tells you he has one last story, be prepared for at least five more.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We visited Garmisch-Partenkirchen in July and had Jake take us to Munich for a whole day tour of Dachau and Munich. He arrived at our hotel in Garmisch-Partenkirchen early and from the start we knew we had made a great choice. He really enjoys history and that comes through in his tours. He tells you stories from the moment you first meet him until the day is through. He had all of our train tickets, which were included in the tour, and he even extended the tour and spent a few more hours than planned and didn't charge us an extra cent. I can tell you that he doesn't do these tours for the money, he does them because he is passionate about what he does. He was great also with my 14 year old. He took us to an wonderful restaurant in Munich for lunch and helped my son to order something similar to Mac n Cheese which he loved. We had such a memorable day with him and saw more of Munich then we could ever have imagined. The Dachau part of the tour can be somber, but Jake really leads you through Dachau with such compassion about the subject that you will never forget it. I highly recommend Jake. He is an American who has lived in Germany for many years. You will have no problem understanding him as he speaks clearly. You will see more than you ever imagined. I would definitely book Jake again. I thought he was just terrific.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I booked a tour with Jake based on his perfect trip advisor ratings and he more than lived up to them. We did the Partenkirchen and Wank tour and quickly realized that Jake knows his history and has a gift for presenting the information in a fun, yet educational way. So much so that we booked him for the following day for Neuschwanstein and Hoschwangau, Oberamergau, the Etal Monastary and two of the local rodelbahns (summer bobsled rides).
My family including my 13 year old was extremely pleased with the whole experience and received many tips from Jake on how to enhance our time in Bavaria. Jake even went out of the way to rescue my daughters stuffed turtle that she left in our Munich Hotel and sent it home for us.
If you are going to visit Bavaria you need to book Jake. You won't regret it.