“A tour of Partenkirchen & a drunken brewery tour”

All Things Garmisch - Day Tours
Book In Advance
$143.03*
3-Hour Garmisch-Partenkirchen Chocolatier Small Group Tour
$228.37*
A Private Day Tour of Garmisch-Partenkirchen and the Zugspitze Mountain
$299.28*
and up
A Private Day Tour of the Zugspitze mountain and Partnach gorge from Munich...
More attraction details
Owner description: Hello everyone! My name is Jake Doherty. I am the owner and operator of 'all things garmisch.' After studying history at Oglethorpe University in Atlanta I moved to Bavaria and never left! I have been a tour guide, event planner, and vacation organizer for the past 9 years! I would LOVE to show you the beauty of my adopted home so check out our website!
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were visiting Garmisch with my parents and decided to call Jake to schedule a tour of the area. He gave us several options (castle tours, town tours, brewery tour). We let my mom pick and YAY she chose the brewery tour! The six of us met Jake, had a great walking tour of Partenkirchen, a huge & delicious lunch and then took the train to Murnau to visit several local drinking establishments. We then met Wolfgang for a great brewery & schnapps tour. There was A LOT of booze sampling and then platters of meat and cabbage and schnapps. Tons of great information, fun people and a great chance to see (and learn about) local areas we would not have otherwise explored. Jake is friendly and hilarious. Totally worth every penny.

1  Thank LdRP

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was our first experience with our own personal guide. Jake had been very highly recommended, so I booked a tour with him. He is a joy to spend time with! He is so personable and engaging and just a blast to be with. He made us very comfortable and provided a great introduction to this region. His personality is very well suited to this work, as his enthusiasm is contagious! He also provides a very contemporary angle on his tour and your expectations will surely be exceeded! Do not hesitate to book a tour with this very engaging young man, you will not be sorry! Thaqnk you Jake, for showing us a great tme!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Jake is the best travel guide I have ever had. I've traveled all over and must say it was a pleasure spending time with someone who truly loves what he does

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Just returned from a trip to Germany. Stayed at the Edelweiss lodge run by the military in Garmisch. While there we lucked out and took several tours with Jake from "All things Garmisch;
we (6 of us) were so fortunate to find Jake and had a superior time with him. He is (without a doubt) a super tour guide. Jake is also one of the most personable people I have had the pleasure of meeting!!!

If you are going to the Baverian part oif Germany, I highly recommend getting in contact with Jake!!

His tour are the BEST!!!

Thanx Jake!!

From Wil, Nancy, Jack, Larie, Theresa and Jim.

2  Thank Bubba1233
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Having read the other reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to have Jake from "All Things Garmisch" arrange all our tours for myself and my 13 year old daughter. Jake is very professional, most articulate, flexible, caring, and most importantly fun! He corresponded by email extensively with us prior to our arrival, and set up a fantastic tour schedule to meet our needs.

We did his Walking Tour of Garmisch our first afternoon - an excellent introduction to the town and its history. Jake has done a lot of his own research and really knows his stuff. Even better, he made all the history into quite interesting and informative stories. We then spent a full day visiting the Neuschwanstein Castle, LInderhof Castle, Weiskirche (beautiful church), and Ettal Monastery. This sounds like a lot in one day, but we saw everything we wanted to see and never felt rushed. We had an awesome lunch at an out-of-the-way, quaint restaurant, and he even surprised my daughter and I will an Alpine Slide run on the way to one of the locations.

Next we went on a sobering and respectul visit to Dachau, and spent the afternoon in Munich. Again, we saw as much as we could see in Dachau, and had plenty of time to take a tour of Munich. I highly recommend taking "Mike's Bikes Tour" of Munich. For about 24 Euro, Mike's Bikes provides an amazing four hour tour of Munich that is lots of fun. You can see MUCH more than you would on foot in an afternoon. Jake recommends this tour as well, and decided to come with us to make sure he should continue to recommend it. He thought it was awesome too!

On our final day with Jake, he arranged a bus tour with 6 others to Salzburg. It was a fabulous day! Again, not rushed, yet we felt like we had seen quite a lot and learned quite a lot for the limited time we had available.

Jake is very, very accomodating and fun. I highly recommend any of his tours. He will help put together whatever you want to do in the area. He seems to be quite the expert on brewing beer, so I'm guessing his brewery tours are fun too.

Some other notes: Partnach Gorge is fairly easy to see on your own. It is easy to walk to the Olympic Stadium from downtown Garmisch and see the gorge. You will probably get more information if you go on Jake's tour, though, and he recommends other hikes in the area as well.

It is very easy to travel by train in Germany. We went to Oberammergau on our own. This town is well know for its wood-carving trade and is just a lovely town. It's a great place to souvenier shop! We took the train for about 8-9 Euros each and spent the day there. It is a small town and it is easy to get around on foot. We also took the train to Murnau. Murnau is also a pretty town, but there is a lot less to see (on foot from the train station to the center of town) than Oberammergau. Murnau is know for its lakes and many artists, but I didn't see any art shops in the center of town.

Innsbruck is also very easy to get to by train. You can go to the information booth at the train station on arrival and get a walking tour map to tour on your own. Again, not as informative as having a tour guide with you, but we thought it was fun. I HIGHLY recommend going to the Olympic ski jump stadium in Innsbruck and taking the cable car ride to the top. Awesome view! You can then easily catch a tram to the center of town where most of the interesting sights and shopping places are.

8  Thank tb_dvm