“Let Jake Take you touring”

All Things Garmisch - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
3-Hour Garmisch-Partenkirchen Chocolatier Small...
More attraction details
Owner description: Hello everyone! My name is Jake Doherty. I am the owner and operator of 'all things garmisch.' After studying history at Oglethorpe University in Atlanta I moved to Bavaria and never left! I have been a tour guide, event planner, and vacation organizer for the past 9 years! I would LOVE to show you the beauty of my adopted home so check out our website!
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I'm so glad we contacted Jake. My daughter and I only had a day and a half to take in the amazing sights in and around Garmisch. Jake is an exceptionally skilled guide. We enjoyed his wealth of knowledge about the area - historically, politically and recreationally. Jake is energetic, eager to craft his tour to suit our tastes, interesting, and professional. We did a walking tour of Garmisch with trip to the peak of Wank Mountain and a full day driving tour that included Neuschwanstein and Ettal Monastery. I highly recommend All Things Garmisch, as Jake will help you see more and learn more than you ever imagined.

2  Thank Jules M
"story telling"
in 7 reviews
"thought possible"
in 2 reviews
"gave us great suggestions"
"general tour"
"come alive"
in 4 reviews
"great storyteller"

Reviewed May 7, 2012

We booked a brewery tour and a city/mountain tour with Jake and both experiences were just phenomenal. If you want someone who is engaging and knows exactly what he's talking about, Jake is your man. He is truly a walking encyclopedia on Garmisch-Partenkirchen. So knowledgable about all of the history of the area and even the local legends. I have been to Garmisch prior, but this was my first time taking a tour and it was worth every cent. I learned so much and it gave me a greater appreciation for the area. Jake has the most engaging, entertaining personality and truly cares about what you get out of the tours. I have taken a lot of tours since being in Germany, and I've seen a lot of tour guides and Jake is the gold standard. He is not to be missed!

4  Thank DR_A2011
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I contacted Jake just one day before coming into Garmisch to see if he
could give my boyfriend and I a tour on a Sunday afternoon. Jake
responded (within about 10 minutes mind you) to say that Sunday was
his only day off, but nonetheless he'd be happy to take us around on
an abbreviated tour of Garmisch and then have us join him and some
friends at a local Spring Festival. Needless to say, we had a
fantastic day - learned some history, got to know the area, and most
importantly got to hang out with some great people, got off the beaten
path and enjoyed a fantastic local festival. Can't recommend Jake
highly enough. He's both entertaining and very knowledgable (not to
mention going way out of his way for us).

4  Thank wagnerlk
Reviewed February 11, 2012

We visited in October of 2011.
The sights were amazing! The knowledge of the area and the stories were intriguing! Jake is personable and fun to spend your day with! The price is more than reasonable!!!
all of those things are reasons I would recommend Jake.
But the reason I would call him every time I am in Germany is because of his uncanny ability to ask a few questions, understand your interests, and craft a unique tour to satisfy your interests! I hate travel planning and shame on me but the only thing I knew was that I wanted to go to the neuschwanstein castle. Jake took that and added a fun filled day! And my favorite memory was our exhilirating alpine slide ride which we would have missed because they were closing early but jake knew the owner and talked him into one more ride!!
Thanks jake
Look forward to seeing u again!

4  Thank Wabbitby
See more reviews
Reviewed January 19, 2012

If you are travelling anywhere in Bavaria from Munich to Innsbruck, Jake and All Things Garmisch will turn your great vacation into a fabulous and memorable trip of a lifetime! Personalized service, one on one tours or small groups, advice on the best of the best things to do and see - Jake is THE MAN.

My son and I landed in Garmisch and our first day we headed up to Zugspitze (awesome - this should be on your bucket list). So on day two we wanted to go to the famous Neuschwanstein castle about an hour away, but when I called the bus tour company I was informed that the only tour for the day had already left. Didn’t want to rent a car so was at a loss until I remembered a brochure we had picked up the day before in the Hotel Zugspitze lobby.

All Things Garmisch offering private custom tours of the area. Small groups, large groups, lots of advice on the best and funnest and coolest things to do, the best places to eat (drink and be merry), the best spa to visit. All Things is headed by the upbeat, personable and very accommodating Jake, a guy from the States who has spent most of his adult life in Europe. He has carved himself out a little slice of Bavarian heaven, and wants to share it with you.

So picture this – it’s well after 10am by now and I try calling the number on the brochure but get a machine. I hang up and send an email to All Things Garmisch asking if there’s any way on such short notice to do a tour over to the famous Neuschwanstein castle. Almost instantly I get a reply back from someone’s iPhone and we arranged essentially a “sure, why not – be there in thirty minutes”. In less time than that Jake himself showed up at the hotel in a shiny white BMW, and our adventures began.

What a lovely day! Not only did we spend time at the fairytale castle, but Jake showed us some gorgeous churches and the Ettal Monastery as well as the beatuiful Alpine scenery - and even a quick spin on the Autobahn at my son's request. Jake is very knowledgable about the area and answered our many questions - we had a great time and the Garmisch area is now our favorite place in the world. So much so that my son has added a German minor to his Music major. :)

Don't miss All Things Garmisch!

5  Thank Grace513