“Fine foods right in the pedestrian zone”

Restaurant Alpenhof
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
“Fine foods right in the pedestrian zone”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Sit outside and enjoy a meal and watch the world walk/bicycle by. The kitchen puts out great local food and good drinks.

Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
Preston, United Kingdom
“Wonderful place to relax”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

On the main pedestrian place in Garmisch this is picture perfect. Queued for a while but it was worth it. A bit more expensive than our usual haunts while here but compared to English restuarants at home you get sooooo much more for your money. I had schnitzel, the kids (12 and 10) had Turkey steaks and my hubster had veal in some sort of creamy sauce, we had beers, wine and umpteen cokes for the boys and it was around €90. We were chilled, well waited on and soaked up the lovely peaceful atmosphere of Bavaria whilst we watched the passersby. Well worth the visit.

Visited August 2013
State College, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful traditional food”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We were in Garmisch for 3 days during a two-week trip to Germany, and we were so glad we came to this restaurant. When we got there, it was a little early for dinner, so it wasn't crowded at all. The host sat us in a side room of the restaurant where no one else was, and at first we thought it was because he could tell we were American. But soon locals were sat there as well. I'd been wanting some traditional spaetzle during my trip, so seeing it on the menu here, I ordered it and I was glad I did. The large plate is huge, and they don't skimp on the cheese, so the dish is flavor-packed, rich, and very filling. But I still ate most of mine because it was that good. And dad gave me a piece of his wienerscnitzel as well, which was also delicious, crisp, and moist. All the plates are huge, and everything is fresh and filling. The only complaint I had was my glass of Riesling. It was expensive - cost more than a large glass of beer that was several times its size - and I didn't like it as much as other Riesling I had on the trip. It wasn't sweet enough for my taste.

• Visited May 2013
Sverige
“Good choise”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had a very tasty kalbschnitzel with fried potatoes. The rib-eye steak was a flop, tasty but very hard to cut and chew. Both dishes came with a niceley prepard sallad to start with. Water and wine ended the check to 40 euro. Service was prompt.

• Visited July 2013
Amarillo, TX
“Great place”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Staff was over the top friendly! We stooped for a beer and glass of wine. The bartender had us sample several before making our choice. When we came back for dinner, they treated us well then. Very traditional Bavarian food. I had the land and it was marvelous. The other 4 had various other dishes and they were great too!

Visited June 2013