“Don't miss the view from Zugspitze”
Review of Zugspitze

A Private Day Tour of Garmisch-Partenkirchen and the Zugspitze Mountain
More Info
$303.07*
and up
A Private Day Tour of the Zugspitze mountain and Partnach gorge from Munich...
More attraction details
Owner description: At nearly 10,000 feet, Germany's highest peak is a popular ski area during the winter and a challenging hiking trail during the rest of the year.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Even on a cloudy day the Zugspitze I s magical, because you are above the clouds. If you can cope with the gondola ride ( I hate heights but coped by placing myself in the centre of the gondola) the trip is absolutely worth it. I felt like I was on the top of the world, above the clouds and the surrounding mountains. Make sure you bring warm clothing.

There are newer reviews for Zugspitze

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed in the little town of Hammersbach. We took the cog train from the station up to the summit on Christmas Day! It was a spectacularly sunny day. The restaurants available at the summit are delicious. With everything closed on Christmas Day this is a great way to spend it with your family. And, the views are absolutely amazing.

3  Thank madagee
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I did a big part of my Military ski Instrutors course here then after taught families and service personel for two seasons. It has everything for the novice upwards. The vues are stunning, and the pistes are kept in tip top condition. If you want to try somewhere else from your usual European resorts.....This is the one...beautiful !

Reviewed January 21, 2013

wow... what a look! We traveled to the top just to look about and have lunch. it was breathtaking at the viewpoint!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We honestly thought this matched anything or in many cases exceeded what we saw and experienced in Switzerland.
I could not help feeling this part of Germany does not appear to get the publicity it deserves.
However,coming from New Zealand, in a strange way we thought that was good as some of the best places have the lower profiles.
Stunning traditional German Villages nearby had us wishing we were staying for a few nights and not simply on a day trip from Munich.
What can I say....Just do it ! Go .

1  Thank Peeky60