“Super delicious traditional Bavarian food- all from scratch!”
Review of Hofbraustuberl

Hofbraustuberl
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Awesome, just awesome! Ate here on our final night in Garmisch, wish we ate here the first night. The food is all made from scratch and tastes so good. Small place. We got there about 7:30 and it was packed. We ended up waiting about 5 minutes for a able to leave. We also ended up offering to share our table with another couple who came in about 10 minutes after we were seated. Not a big deal to us. The apple strudel is the best we have had in a while. Highly recommend this place over the others we the at in Garmisch. Very affordable great tasting food. The menu is translated into english as well so there is no problem knowing what you are ordering.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stumbled on this restaurant during our final evening in Garmisch. While we weren't immediately greeted by the hostess/server. I will say the meal was very enjoyable. I can't tell you what we ordered exactly but the array of grilled meats and vegetables was top notch. The ambiance was cozy and the portions were large. My children enjoyed the food, however it would have improved my overall peace of mind if the water had not been served to them in wine glasses...yikes!

1  Thank TiMason
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Wrote my original review of this restaurant in 2009. Been back every year since and the food is still the best. Nice people, great food and a nice quiet corner of Garmisch. Cordon Bleu is still the best, salad is wonderful. Everything just as good every time we come back. If you're in Garmisch give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I stopped by for some lunch after a morning of skiing.
It looked like there was only 1 guy serving, but they weren't very busy. We ask him if he spoke English to which he shrugged and said that he did not, so we stuck with our rusty German. The server wasn't too helpful with my wife's request for items that were not breaded (gluten free). She initially asked for a schnitzel that wasn't breaded but he said they couldn't do it, then he pointed out the cordon blue (which is breaded) and the rump roast as an alternative. My wife finally got him to agree to a French onion soup keine brot and some pommes frites. I ordered the kasespatzle.
The French onion soup arrived first and was devoid of the customary crouton in the middle (keine brot) as ordered but also without the cheese. She tried a couple bites, caught the servers attention and he was a bit confused that she still wanted the cheese, but he took it back. Several minutes later the soup returned with the cheese in it (without the crouton it just sinks in).
She was about half-way through the soup when the server returned with a side salad for me. I was a bit confused that it took that long to bring a salad. The salad comprised some large lettuce pieces some cucumber slices and shredded cabbage, with a large quantity of the dressing (vinegar based). The salad would've been better without so much dressing but it was fine.
Not long after the salad arrived, my kasespatzle arrived with the frites. The spatzle was just fine and the frites were good.
Our question is does this place use prepackaged foods (no unbreaded schnitzel)?
Having read the other reviews, did we visit on a really bad day?

1  Thank Robert B
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Everything is top!The food,The service and
The atmosfera is the best !!
Good value.Excellent.
Absolutely the best restaurant in Garmisch-Partenkirchen.!!