“As good as food I had in Italy”
Review of Colosseo

Colosseo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This place was great! I had a pizza, which was on a thin crust and topped with mushrooms, artichoke, ham, and salami, I can't recall the name but it was #15 on the menu. The pizza was larger than the plate, I'd say the size of my seat cushion, and absolutely delicious. The ham was my favorite section (it's not topped with all mixed, it was divided into the ham section, mushroom, etc).
My friends had the carbonara and that was amazing too.
All of the plates were huge, I probably could spilt my pizza between two people but it was too delicious and I was really hungry.
Only heads up warning is that another friend found her Penne All Aribbiata very spicy, the waiter told her she could request that they adjust the spice next time.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We spent a very nice time in this city and we ended up with this nice restaurant. It was full when we arrived and we waited for almost 45 min to secure a table for us. However, the meals that we have ordered make it up and it was a nice experience.
I parked my car near the metro station and I regret that because it was a long distance especially with the kids.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We ate at this establishment 2 late nights in a row. They were not super busy. Very good salads and the cannelloni was the best I have had in a very long time.The pizza was ok. They had a very extensive list of other German and Italian dishes. The prices were reasonable and the service was good. It is up a long flight of stairs. Heartily recommend

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Ate here twice and enjoyed it both times. Generous portions, good service and waiter spoke and understood good english. No bread served with the meal or even on the menu. We like bread with Italian and asked for it the second trip. Were served 4 small pieces costing $4 USD.... wow !!

1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Colosseo has it all - great views of mountains, authentic Italian food, great service. Garmisch is only 45 minutes away from Italian border and this restaurant is amazing. Weather was delightful on our first evening and we had a prime table outside with a fantastic view. Our first night was so wonderful, we came back 2 more times for lunch. On all 3 visits, husband had the Hawaii pizza with ham and pineapple. Crust is super thin, huge and perfectly prepared. One of the best pizzas of his life (and we grew up in Chicago, ate a lot of pizzas over the years). Over the visits, I had the calamari and shrimp pasta in olive oil and garlic, the carbonara pasta and the Quattro formaggio pizza. Pasta was fresh, expertly prepared. Carbonara was excellent, cream was so fresh and rich. The 4 cheese pizza had huge chunks of cheese, just amazing.
First night we ate there, saw they offer a mittag special for lunch. Only 8.5 euro and includes a drink of your choice. Same huge portions as dinner and a variety of pizzas, pastas and salads are on the lunch special. Restaurant is packed at dinner, even in off-season, recommend reservations or get there early. Highly recommend Colosseo for lunch and dinner.