“excellent food!”

Restaurant Bollywood Tandoori
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kaiserslautern, Germany
“excellent food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

We went here for my birthday the food was delicious. Tandoori chicken was awesome. Atmosphere was clean and pretty. Service was very good too staff were nice. We told them it was my birthday and they brought out ice creams for the whole family, with a sparkler. Loved it loved it loved it.

Visited February 2014

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Worst Indian food I've eaten!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

I ate at this restaurant during a recent ski trip to Garmisch.
I ordered garlic chicken, mushroom rice and a nan bread. Having done so, a basket containing a broken and burned popadom was dropped onto my table. My drink (Weisbier) arrived with my food, having ordered it 10 minutes earlier.
Having spent hours on the slopes, I was so looking forward to a good curry....but utter disappointments were the only dishes served.
The chicken was not breast meat and was in long greasy strips. It was certainly not in abundance and was accompanied with red capsicum peppers, chopped into chunks. The dish was shown as spicy on the menu but not one spice or element of taste, heat or flavour existed bar the 'gloopy' orange sauce that blanketed the poor aforementioned ingredients.
I can only describe it as being likened to a cheap Chinese, sweet & sour sauce found on the shelves of a 'pound - store'....it was that bad!
As for the rice, it was greasy, over-cooked and tasteless, albeit four cloves had been left in, as a token gesture that the 'chef' did have spices at his disposal.
The bread was tough and pale in colour and had never been introduced to a Tandoor oven in its' short life. Save to say I left it where it lay flopped, in the cheap plastic, wicker-lookalike basket.
In conclusion, perhaps I've been spoilt by the tastes of true Indian food in Manchester, Birmingham and London...but to consider this establishment a 'Curry-House' is like comparing a Smart car to a Range Rover!
AVOID !!!!!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Janitors M
Germany
“Best Indian in Garmisch-Partenkirchen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

Lovely Indian food! Recommend this restaurant to anyone that enjoys fresh recipes and great hospitality. Every dish is delish however my favorites are Chicken Tikka Masala and the Beef Saag. Also if you get it "to go" you get 10% off!

• Visited January 2014
APO, AE
“Awesome Food, Adequate Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

We've been to Bollywood Tandoori before on a previous visit to Garmisch and it was so good we wanted to come back. The food was AMAZING but the service was less than great.

Visited February 2014
Murnau, Germany
“Decent food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

The decor when you walk in immediately tells you that this is no quick and cheap place.
The menu contained the average offerings for an Indian restaurant. Nothing special jumped out at us.

We we disappointed in the service. One person, who started as our server, wouldn't look at either of us. He almost ran away from the table every time we talked to him. Maybe it was a cultural thing.

The food was quite good, and don't order spicy or very spicy (scharf Oder sehr scharf) unless you mean it. I ordered garlic Naan, but there was a mix-up on the order. I got plain Naan and the portion was small for the price.
We'd go back again.