“MAYBE I'M GREEDY”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Brighton, United Kingdom
“MAYBE I'M GREEDY”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The service here is very friendly and the restaurant very traditional and clean. Appears to be very popular and well frequented by tourists and locals alike.

But I have eaten here on several business trips, which is down to someone else's preference etc... but to be honest find the food very sparse. I hate to sound like a complete pig... but honestly, find most dishes to be lacking in meat substance!
We usually order several dishes and share. On all occasions I think I managed to taste lots of sauce, a few peas and once managed to get to one piece of lamb before someone else did! I am positive that my counterparts don't scoff the lot themselves... but find myself stirring the dish, weighing up whether there is enough to go round and decide not... and so eat the sauce instead. We are talking almost diced sized pieces of meat and while I don't expect one dish to actually serve 4 people as it is about having a taste of something... I am certain that at times there is less than one chicken breast for example in one dish!
My husband and i once ordered the Thali, which is a dish I usually like as it gives you several flavours. Again it was lacking in any real substance. Even dishes that were supposed to incorpote potato and peas seemed to be more peas than anything else.
Oh, well... I was watching my waistline anyway... but went back to hotel hungry!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sally E

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Scotland
“Very Pleasant Evening”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We were staying in the hotel opposite and decided to take a break from the German cuisine to dine at the Taj Mahal. Nice restaurant inside, very friendly staff and an extensive menu. For starters we choose vegetable pakora which was done quite differently to our local restaurants, literally it was vegetables done in batter but it was very tasty. We also had the Malai (Chicken) kebab which was excellent. For mains we had two good curries with rice and breads to compliment the dishes. Not the best Indian we have ever had but it was still very good and if we were in Partenkirchen again we would definitely be paying the restaurant another visit. We finished off the night talking with the owner who was very likeable sharing family stories and drinking snaps – Great night.

If you have had enough of sauerkraut, meatloaf, liver dumpling soup and sausages you could do a lot worse than a trip to the Taj Mahal restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank NeilVerdon
Weilerbach, Germany
“AMAZING Indian food... in an unexpected location!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I love Garmisch so much that we visit at least 3 times a year and we always eat here. Taj Mahal has the most flavorful Indian, in a romantic setting and the utmost professional and attentive service! The staff (especially Islam) are wonderful!!! Don't pass this place up for the "other" Indian restaurant in the area- you'll really miss out!

Visited January 2013
Hohenfels, Germany
“HORRIBLE SERVICE”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I would not recommend this for groups of 5 or more. The service was horrible. It took them 35 minutes just to take our beverage order. Another 20-30 to take our food order. When we did order we were rushed and the waiter was very rude. When we got our food some of it was missing and we was told they was out of that particular dish. Since it takes a while to get your food why did they wait an hour to tell us? That dish was for a child and she began to cry because that was what she wanted. we asked for a manager and nobody wanted to get the manager. Our waiter said he was the manager.I didn't know managers walk right past you and ignore you when you say excuse me we are missing a drink!! Then they mysteriously came up with another order of the dish the child wanted. The food was average. The fish was not good at all. it tasted like tv dinner fish.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Lakeshia C
Cheshire
“Hot hot Hot!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

A really good curry, although the duck curry was rather odd and the delicate taste a bit drowned out. Made a change from the german food!

Visited February 2013