“Charming Restaurant”
Review of Zum Wildschutz

Zum Wildschutz
Cuisines: German
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We were not aware of the Trip Advisor rating when we turned up at the front door of the Zum Wildschutz to look at the menu for a light bite for lunch. We turned away a couple of times but were drawn back and finally we went inside - Good decision.

The other reviewers have already captured all the good stuff about this charming restaurant so I will just echo their compliments. We had a lovely lunch with attentive service served to us at our warm and cosy table tucked away in a corner.

I have no hesitation in recommending the Zum Wildschutz

There are newer reviews for Zum Wildschutz

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My son and I were visting family in town for the weekend and this is our go to place for a wonderful meal.

Firstly, I cannot stress enough you need to make a reservation for dinner! We had our dinner seating for 1800 and by then they were already turning walk-in's away.

Smaller place, very nice menu (both in Germany and English so just ask)

Two of us had the Venison, one had the Pork Knuckle and the fourth in our group had a large spaetzle with mushroom and spinach.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We went here on our first night in Garmisch-Partenkirchen. We were seated quickly - the staff were all lovely and the food was gorgeous.

Only problem we was that we didn't recognise the words used on the toilets! Make sure you make a reservation as it's very popular!

My partner ate Braised beef and I had a beef stew with noodles - both very tasty! Would come again!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

My family and I went into this restaurant after lunch time, the waitress turned away other tourists, probably because they were closing soon. I count myself very fortunate that day. The restaurant is decorated in Bavarian tavern style, with deer antlers on the wall, dark-oak looking furnishing. I browsed through the menu and ordered red deer meat (I believe it's their house speciality). The red deer was served with mushroom sauce, 'potato-rolls' and salad (see pic). When I took the first bite, the red deer meat was succulent, sauteed to about 70% medium well, it is extremely delicious, tasted better than veal and beef. The 'potato-rolls' were crispy on the outside, soft mashed-liked potato when you bit into it. It is deep fried to the right temperature to maintain its texture and colour (rich yellow). I created my own combination by blending the 'potato-rolls' with the mushroom sauce, it tasted delicious too. Go for it!

1  Thank Christopher C
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Loved the fun selection of German and seasonal entrees, friendly service and wonderfully cozy Bavarian atmosphere.

2  Thank Kandyce G