“It deserves to be Nr. 1 here!”
Review of Zum Wildschutz

Zum Wildschutz
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Munich, Germany
“It deserves to be Nr. 1 here!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We went here because of its Tripadvisor rating, and were not disappointed. The food was out of this world great, huge portions, great value for the price. I wish this place was in Munich where we live, so we could go all the time. Service is extremely friendly, it is always busy, so make a reservation if possible. We were stuffed, but ate desserts anyway, those were also delicious.

• Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“AMAZING POTATO SOUP!!!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Eat here!!! Seriously we ate here the 1st night, and we wished we had eaten here our second night. We were only in town for two nights. ALL of the food was amazing!! My cousin does not like potato soup but she ate some of mine ;) and even three days later we are still talking about how good the food was. If I lived there I would eat here every day!

Visited December 2012
Hilton Head, SC
“Consistent”
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

We've eaten here several times, and usually can walk in. The menu is limited by German standards and heavier on game than I prefer BUT the traditional german dishes on the menu are fantastic as is the service. The atmosphere is terrific. If you overshoot your budget, an ATM is 100m away!

1 Thank gunnerHiltonHead_SC
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Best German Food Ever! Great in Everyway!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Outstanding atmosphere, service (the waitresses are super nice and on the ball), and the food is perfect! I had the Schweinbraten (I was too early for the Schweinshaxe or pork knuckle) I will absolutely go for it the next time. The restaurant was really hopping and nearly every seat was reserved. The waitress was organizing me a proper table but I elected to sit at the bar as I was a walk-in and wanted to make it easy... The food came out in a flash and was outstanding. The portion was huge and I will sleep well tonight. I was driving so no beer but it looked like everyone was enjoying the local brews. If you visit the area, this restaurant is a must - do not miss this opportunity!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank RATMANDUDE
Enterprise
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We came upon the Zum Wildschutz by chance one evening a few years ago without reservations (recommended), but they seated us with another German couple. At times we have gone early and dined without reservations. They try to accomodate if they can. We go there at least once everytime we are in town. The food, service, atmosphere is great. One of our favorite restaurants when we are in town. Prices are a little high but the food is worth it. I want to try the wild game plate on our next visit.

• Visited November 2012