“Would never stay anywhere else in O'gau if I can help it!”
Review of Hotel Maximilian

Hotel Maximilian
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Oberammergau
Reviewed September 9, 2010

I have now stayed at this hotel about ten times as I travel to Oberammergau frequently for business. It feels like a second home for me. The front desk staff, restaurant staff and 5-star restaurant staff are all wonderful. These are the best rooms in town and I have stayed at quite a few others. The breakfast is phenomenal and if you have one of the packages with a reduced room rate if you dine in the 5 star restaurant, your mouth will experience a taste explosion! - that is, if you enjoy the experience of gourmet food. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel and I recommend it to my colleagues. it is a bit over per diem but I pay the extra because it is worth it to me!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
HotelMax, Manager at Hotel Maximilian, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to have a review on Trip Advisor to write. Your opinion is an important criterion for us is maintaining our quality standards and therefore offers us a great help. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us apparently.

Your Maximilian-Team

There are newer reviews for Hotel Maximilian

Reviewed July 26, 2010

Stayed at the Hotel Maximilian while in Oberammergau to go to the Passion Play. My husband and I and friends went to Munich and Interlaken, and the Hotel Maximilian was by far the best hotel we stayed in. The staff, hotel room and amenities were top notch as well as the hotel restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to have a review on Trip Advisor to write. Your opinion is an important criterion for us is maintaining our quality standards and therefore offers us a great help. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed it so well with us and you could enjoy your stay apparently. It was a pleasure to host you here.

Your Maximilian Team

Reviewed June 16, 2010

We were charged about $950.00 Canadian a night which included dinner and breakfast.
It took 15 minutes to get a menu and 25 minutes to get a wine list. The Germans who were seated after us by 15 minutes were ordering before we even got a menu. Dinner was a choice of 2 entres only. Ordered Char and got salmon. The salad was the same for dinner and lunch on both days. Dessert at dinner was the same for both days. Breakfast you had to beg them to clear a table and the ask for every piece of cutlery because the table was only cleared not set. This was without a doubt the worst 5 star hotel I stayed in world wide.The price was high because of the play but this was a rip off.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank joyce39joyce
Reviewed June 8, 2010

The hotel and rooms are spotless clean and in a great location.

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed April 9, 2010

This Hotel lives up to the description on their website. Lived there for 7 days in March 2010 and everything was perfect. The service was in top and room perfectly and wonderfully clean. Ammergauer restaurant at the hotel was very cozy. Breakfast could have been better.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank M_K_Nielsen

Your Maximilian Team

Reviewed March 10, 2010

Even the most demanding and difficult person could not find something to can be proved in this hotel! Simply the perfect one!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fanny V
Reviewed February 19, 2010

As there does not seem to be a category for this apartment house, and it has been owed by the hotel since early 2009; I thought it pertinent to write a review here. We have stayed in this house twice in the last 12 months; last year in Apartment 7, this year none of the decent apartments were available for the two weeks so we had apartment 2 on the ground floor. Plus points for house ; free internet (wired) access, great view of the Kofel, use of a washing machine and tumbler dryer (charged), good off-road parking, quiet location far enough out of town, but easy to walk into when necessary, nearest shop, 30 metres away, is the best cake shop in town and the bakers is next nearest, and great for early morning rolls (or krapfen in February - wonderful!) Plus points for apartment 7: an oven, and separate bedroom and living areas; sadly neither of these available in the lower apartment, but it is, of course, cheaper. We felt that apartment 2 , at 38m², was too small for 2 weeks, especially as my husband was on a course for the first week and could not escape from my coughing during the night! During winter the advantage of escaping to the balcony or patio during the day is lost, but it is good for storing the white wine and beer.
Considering the high standards of the hotel, we felt that we should not have to ask for the towels to be changed after 7 days, and when, after 9 days, the sheets had not been changed, my husband phoned the hotel, to be told that we would have to pay extra! I was given the sheets and changed the bed myself; and fortunately we were not charged for them. After we had reserved an apartment with an oven and ours did not have one; the hotel gave us the use of a basement staff apartment so that we could use the oven during our stay, useful as we had brought part-baked bread on our way down.
If we stay there again, we would only go for apartments 6 or 7 and would not bother if these two apartments are not available, despite the other advantages.

If you are going to Haus Hubertus for the first time, do not do as we did last year and turn up at the haus itself, go to the hotel first and register, we knew this year; but there is no information given, and there should be, about checking -in arrangements.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Carol I
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oberammergau
Hotel Wittelsbach
Hotel Wittelsbach
#2 of 25 in Oberammergau
Das Graseck - my mountain hideaway
Das Graseck - my mountain hideaw...
#1 of 42 in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
#6 of 25 in Oberammergau
Romantik Hotel Bold
Romantik Hotel Bold
#12 of 25 in Oberammergau

Been to Hotel Maximilian? Share your experiences!