“Top Quality Experience”

Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Oberammergau
Huntsville, Alabama
“Top Quality Experience”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My daughter doesn't usually travel with my wife and I but this time was the exception. We wanted to take her on a little mini-vacation for her good grades this school year and wanted something nice. I've stayed at the Hotel Arnika a few years ago and had a nice experience. So, I booked a large room for three and the whole experience, from start to finish was superb. The hotel and room was absolutely spotless and beautifully done. The staff speak fluent English and was very professional and very helpful. The location is not in the middle of town but it's within easy walking distance. We'd walk to dinner each night with a stop at the small cafe next to the Alte Post for ice cream - delicious! I've lived in Europe on and off for over 20 years and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to enjoying a true Bavarian experience.

Room Tip: This was my second time at the Hotel Arnika and it's been fantastic each time. The only thing I...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SP6873

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed November 23, 2011

This is the second time I've stayed at the Hotel Arnika. It is a good clean family run hotel. It has modern rooms and wifi throughout the hotel. I stayed there for two weeks. The meals were reasonable - although the restaurant quickly becomes overwhelmed on busy nights. I had only one bad experience with the food: I ordered the chicken cordon bleu and it came not fully cooked. One other drawback is that the hotel staff seem to tolerate smoking in the lobby (where there is a small bar). I'm sure that this is contrary to German law. Finally I noticed one member of the kitchen staff smoking in the resturant in the afternoon. If you're a non-smoker like me - this is definitely is not on. Overall good hotel, but I couldn't give it full marks.

Oberammergau is nice, but after a few days you run out of things to do.

Room Tip: Ensure you have a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank ihyi y
Larissa Grecia
Reviewed September 27, 2011

The village is very nice, the location of the hotel is perfect, the owners and the staff very friendly. The restaurant is very good, as well. I cordialy suggest this hotel for all year around.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We spent 2 night at that hotel and were very pleased. I really enjoyed my stay. Everyone in the place were friendly even the resident dog! The room was big and comfortable, we had a great sleep! The bathroom was very clean and spacious. We had bathrobes and sleepers to use and we really did appreciate it. Town is about a 10 mins walk. Just perfect. The breakfast was modest but this was enough. I recommand this hotel and would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Skipton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We stayed at the Arnika for 2 nights as part of a 10-day walking tour of Bavaria. The welcome was efficient and quite friendly, the room was very nice with a view right on to the alpine meadow and the mountains behind. Breakfast was fairly routine but perfectly acceptable. The hotel is situated about 10 minutes out of the centre of the village on the way to the cable car. I would be happy to return but I expect there are better hotels in the village.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank phil_oldham
Europe
Reviewed December 10, 2010

The hotel is small and cosy. The room I had was very good, spacious and clean. Service was friendly. The breakfast was average.

Nice location with half way between the nearby Nato School and the city centre: 10 minutes walk to each of these.

Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank xTravellerx
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed October 29, 2010

We stayed at Hotel Arnika 3 nights on our own after being introduced to it for dinner by our Passion Paly tour company. The location is perfect for Oberammergau because it is right on the walking path and the bus road into town. It is a very quiet location. The only down side is that tour groups come here throughout the season and the menus are restricted to the few choices that the tour group has and they are expensive (27 Euros for an ordinary meal), the regular menu is not available. Don't eat lunch or dinner here and you will be very happy with your stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple