We stayed here in mid September and it was Wonderful. We had booked a junior Suite and it was excellent, balcony accessible from both the sitting room and the bedroom. The views were very good overlooking the town with mountains in the background and river running past the hotel. We had booked half board and the evening meals were varied with a good choice, especially when there was a themed buffet. Beer was good too!
Breakfast was the usual continental selection, eat as much as you like with an endless supply of coffee. The staff were friendly, especially those on reception. Our motorbikes were securely garaged overnight, important to us bikers.
A couple of nights it turned cold and the heating was very good, there was also free WiFi in the room. The bathroom was clean with a very powerful shower.
Oberammergau was easily within walking distance and a guest card gave discounts on local activities and free buses.
Overall an experience we shall return to in future visits to the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Feeling well has a reason". Under this motto, we like to welcome you in our Parkhotel Sonnenhof The Parkhotel Sonnenhof is a family owned 3 - star - Superior - hotel in the higher middle class, build 1977 in an alps - country style. It has 35 doubles and superior doubles, 5 single rooms and 15 junior suites and apartments. The Parkhotel is located in the beautiful scenery of the Ammertal, in the outskirts of our village and right in front of the "Kofel", the main mountain of Oberammergau which is inside the Ammergau Alps. It is not least the extraordinary people who have made Oberammergau to what it is: a colorful array of art, culture and tradition, a successful blend of earthy local ties and cosmopolitan hospitality. Masterful "Luftlmalerei" (house paintings) emblazoned on the fronts of houses, all thriving arts and crafts, cozy restaurants and cafes tempt you to stop. The village's cultural and spiritual legacy was shaped by the Passion of Christ. Since 1634, Oberammergauers have kept their vow to stage a Passion Play every ten years, the next occasion being in 2020. On the last occasion, some 2,500 of the approximately 5,300 inhabitants of Oberammergau were involved on or behind stage, including 500 children. During the interim years, high-calibre international ensembles present plays and concerts. Visit us and experience the magic of Oberammergau's creative flair Hiking, Nordic Walking, Cycling or simply swimming and sun bathing - the possibilities are almost unlimited in the Ammergau Alps. In wintertime the Ammergau Alps offer a lot of activities - cross-country skiing, skiing, tobogganning, snowshoeing - the snow-sure situation of the Ammer Valley allow almost everything. The Bavarian fairy tale King Ludwig II is closely connected with the Ammergau Alps. Here stands his Linderhof Palace, the only one which he also lived for several years. Also castle Neuschwanstein which is just 45km away. At the end of a day with many activities and cultural experiences relax in our modern wellness area or treat yourself with a luxurious beauty cure or a massage of your choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, HRS, Hotel.de, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Parkhotel Sonnenhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkhotel Sonnenhof Oberammergau
- Parkhotel Sonnenhof Hotel Oberammergau