“Enjoy warm pools, slides and more”
Review of Wellenberg

Wellenberg
Ranked #10 of 16 things to do in Oberammergau
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Many hotels in the area offer a rebate/freebie card called the Koenigscard, which includes a daily three-hour admission to the Wellenberg. Expect many families with young children during the morning and day hours. We enjoyed the warm pools inside and outside. It does get crowded. The only aspect that can be improved upon is the service. The staff is trying to keep an eye on all guests, but the times we visited during the busy hours, we noticed they may have been understaffed.

1  Thank _simply_my_2_cents_
"euro"
in 4 reviews
"sightseeing"

Reviewed February 18, 2014

My family loves going here when we visit Oberammergau. My kids love the water slides and several kids pool while my husband and I love the warm/hot pools and relaxing adult lounge swings to block out the rest of the world around you. Wellenberg was perfect after skiing in the winter or to enjoy the sun in the summer. I personally love the hot pool that goes indoors and outdoors. It was neat to have snow falling on your head while you were floating in warm water not even feeling the cold! You don't have to spend a lot of money to enjoy this place but you will spend money if you eat in the restaurant inside the pool area. For 3 meals with ice cream and a drink it was nearly 40 euro. Oh, and don't forget to bring cash with you inside the pool area in case you do purchase food. It is a worth a trip!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I was there with my girlfriend last Jan 18th 2014 in the afternoon. The receptionist was form the very first moment very rude. We forgot to tell that we were already in a hotel, so we were exempt of paying taxes and, after 30 min we told her and she didn't want to refund our money!, money that we already payed!!!
Anyway, if what you look is to spend a relaxing time, forget to go there. It is plenty of children playing with balls and many objects inside the pools, bothering everybody and making so much noise that we had to leave after 30 min. No relaxing at all! better not to go to this expensive place!

2  Thank anxoangelito
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We were about worn out on our Europe trip so I forced everyone to go to Wellenberg for a swim. Best idea of the whole trip! Indoor/outdoor pool where you swim under the wall - separate indoor pool with fountains and bubbles, even a hot marble platform to lay on - plus, two amazing waterslides! They were turned off when we arrived but I asked the attendant and Bam! He turned them on for us. There is also a whole 2nd floor of sauna/steam rooms for a few extra Euros but be warned - clothes not so much... 3 hours at Wellenberg and we were fully recharged!