“Fantastic food - yum!”

Cuisines: German
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This place has a lovely atmosphere and is a great mix of modern and traditional - lovely setting. The food all sounded great, my wife had pork served with prawns, chips and BBQ sauce whilst I had the most enormous crusted pork knuckle! The only problem was we had to wait ages for our food (we think they forgot to put it through the till) as other people who came in and ordered after us were served before us. The manager came over though and was very apologetic and offered us a free desert to apologise. Its this that stopped our review from slipping as we appreciate people accepting responsibility and trying to resolve the issue. Would definitely recommend this place!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Our last night in Oberammergau we met with 4 others for a meal. The decor is an interesting blend of modern and traditional. The staff were very friendly at first, but did not tell us when they didnt understand what we said. This lead to some confusion with ordering, that was relatively quickly resolved, but the waitress seemed annoyed about it, and did not speak to me again. The house red wine was very nice, the meals were shared, compared and enjoyed.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was a really great treat for our first night in Oberammergau, Germany. I only wish I wasn't taking decongestant medicine so I could have samples the beers (others said they were really good). Tried the bread soup (soup made from bread) and it was excellent. The Beer Bread was good, but I didn't like the one spread (cheese and butter, always good). I got the pork dish, which was well prepared and came with a great sauce. I had hoped to try the Creme Brule, but was so stuffed that I couldn't eat another bite.

The restaurant has a great atmosphere and is very accommodating to English speaking travelers (although I don't claim to really speak English, unfortunately I speak American). The decor was what you picture for a restaurant in Germany, the waitresses were appropriately dressed and could not be more helpful. We are going to try some other local places, but given the chance I think I would definitely go back again.

If you just get into town, head here for dinner (also recommended by my hotel for lunch), you will not be disappointed and I think it was a great way to start off the week (I slept like a log afterwards).

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I cannot fault this place except that a warning about the size of my main would have meant I would have skipped entree. My wife ordered from the "light" menu and still only ate half her meal. Terrific value, but I would recommend ordering one dish at a time.

The house beer is fantastic! I was sad I had to drive.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stopped here over Easter. The food was fantastic and the weissbier is very good! We were stuffed. The ambience was very warm on such a snowy day and the service superb.