“Great. Old building with. Character great food and staff ”
Review of Gasthof Stern

Gasthof Stern
Ranked #9 of 70 Restaurants in Mittenwald
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

Great. Old building with. Character great food and staff Great. Altbier inside and outside decor see pics food amazing and even wangled a usb recharge on phone - def stay again. Mike

Reviewed February 7, 2018 via mobile

The staff is very friendly, the food is delicious. We had as main dish lamb which was very well prepared. The beer and snaps excellent and dangerous because it is difficult to stop drinking. The dessert with apple and ice cream was tasteful also. We were there on a Saturday and for our surprise there was life music what made the evening very cozy.

Reviewed November 18, 2017

Many of the restaurants in Mittenwald are closed from 1-30 November for "break" before the ski and holiday season, so I contacted them to make a reservation. The response was "Of course we're open, you probably don't need a reservation!" I replied that "In case of "crowds", please keep my name on your list!" Of course, since nothing else was open, there was definitely a crowd at the Gasthof Stern, although the staff was still amused at my request--and so were the other diners who had head that I had a "reservation"! This is an excellent restaurant for genuine Bavarian fare. The gulaschsuppe (my personal favourite!) is outstanding, the jaegerschnitzel and cordon bleu are also delicious--and what we order every time we go there! (every 3 months or so, when my husband runs out of the delicious Mittenwalder Beer!)

Reviewed October 25, 2017

If you are in Mittenwald on Friday even check to see if Andrea und Michael are performing. Any time there is music, it adds to the charm. The owner is superb and works with the great staff to prepare delicious Bavarian dishes. There are many rooms with a few tables in each, the atmosphere is great, and the biergarten is well-appointed. We stop on every trip.

Reviewed September 17, 2017

Had Lunch, Scheinhaxe, the krautsalad was dry and the meat taste old, the service was very good, the kitchen needs to refocus on serving great food. I will come back and re test the food in three months'