Hotel Bavaria
Alpenhotel Fischer(Berchtesgaden)
Biohotel Kurz(Berchtesgaden)
Hotel Krone(Berchtesgaden)
View Hotel
All reviewsromantic roomtrain stationtea and coffeejacuzzi bathhoneymoon suitehighly recommend hotelfantastic hostsbreakfast roomquick walkno elevatorsteep hillminute walkbus passesa family run hoteltop floorcakesstayed one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed one night in this hotel and although my room was relatively small (single room), it was as expected as mostly in europe the hotelrooms are small. It was a 5-10 minutes walk from the railway station and at the reception they have me a very warm welcome. The room was nice, with TV with many channels (mostly german) and a nice bathroom with very hot water and good water pressure. The bed (although small) as it was a normal single bed, was comfortable. The breakfast was very good with many cold cut's, cheese, bread, juices and so on. Definately a very good start of the day. The hotel has a sauna, but I haven;t used it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at Hotel Bavaria in December 2013. The hotel is well situated, very comfortable and clean, the staff were very friendly and helpful, and the generous breakfast buffet in the dining room overlooking the mountains was great. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank elam82
Reviewed January 4, 2014

To start with...the view is breathtaking!
The hotel is very will loacated, just a few meters from the city center!
I travelled in december, so I was able to apreciate the Christmas market, and the shooting that happen at 15 o'clock.
The breakfast room hás an amazing view, the Watzman!!!
Well, while having a wonderful breakfast you can enjoy the view.
The owners are very Nice, they gave us Good ideas for restaurants up in the mountains, how to get to Salzburg etc.
We loved our staying at hotel Bavaria!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This hotel Bavaria is a family run hotel. The boss was busy as a bee, attending to a constant stream of guests. Nonetheless, he was still very helpful & recommended me to hike along the Amkach gorge---beautiful hiking destination. My hotel room was named Armour & a picture of cupid adorned the wall. 2 stalks of roses were placed on the bed amidst a bed of rose petals!Such a romantic ambience! I was pleased to be able to enjoy a view of the snowcapped mountains from the breakfast table room. Wonderful place to stay at!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 7, 2013

While passing through Munich I had a few days between two business trips and decided to take the train to Berchtesgaden. My taxi driver recommended the Hotel Bavaria. Turns out I didn't need a taxi because the hotel is a very short walk from the train station. The couple that own the hotel and their son are all very friendly and helpful. They really want to make sure all of their guests enjoy their stay. The room had everything I needed including free Wi-Fi, which was important to me because I needed to be online for some work while I was here. They have some Wi-Fi repeaters so there is a strong signal throughout the hotel. They put out an amazing breakfast every morning. They keep a refrigerator with drinks and food open in the dining room. It was very convenient that I could grab items from there as I needed them and just leave a ticket with my room # and what I took. The owners take a lot of pride in their hotel and it shows by how well they take care of it. It' is extremely clean and well maintained. My room had a balcony with a spectacular view of the river and mountains. I rented a mountain bike for the days I was here and the owner's son was very friendly and took care of storing it for me. The owners and their son all spoke excellent English which made it easy for them to provide useful local tips and information such as where I could rent a mountain bike.
I wish that my wife could have been here with me. I know she would love this place. I've already started thinking of scheduling another trip here to bring her with me.
When in Berchtesgaden, stay at Hotel Bavaria! You will be glad you did.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo