“Very fun and impressive~”

Berchtesgaden Salt Mines
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Very fun and impressive~”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I thought this would be a boring trip to the salt mine but it's a complete opposite of my expectation! The display of information is very impressive and interesting. It was still very cold back in April and we were wearing a thick coat. When we were give the overall to don... my friend had to help me to push my thick coat into the overall and then I looked like a potato.. LOL.... The staff's estimation of my size (they just look at you and hand you the size they think appropriate) was a tiny bit off and it was a little bit uncomfortable for me. But that was nothing unbearable. There's 2 wood slides in the salt mine which were really cool and fun!! I believe if given a chance everyone wants to do it again and again~ The ride across the salt lake was awesome~ it felt like a scene in Harry Potter. LOL..This is highly recommended~

Visited April 2013

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Time”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This attraction was fun and educational for young and old alike. The train, slides, boat, and cable car took you to new locations that were fun to learn about. Lots of fun and reasonably priced. Enjoy!!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Gary S
New Jersey
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“FUN! Especially on a rainy day”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This was a great plan B for our trip to Berchtesgaden ... due to rain. The tour is really fun (we got an English audio guide).

I would only suggest that the tour guides learn some of their little extra "tips" and "jokes" in English ... we missed out on some stuff!

Visited September 2013
Frankfurt, Germany
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Wonderful Surprise..”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I really did not want to get into this Salt Mine museum.
But as soon as the train started into the depth of the mountain, I knew it would be a great experience - and it did not dissapoint! This is especially highly recommended for families with children. The tour is very interesting and informative with a couple of great surprises which would make you scream and you would definitely like to do it all over again...

Visited August 2013
Dallas, Texas
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Fun at the salt mines”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Interesting tour of the salt mines, great for solo, friends or family. Make sure to arrive early or buy tickets online. I went on a rainy day and after I purchased my ticket, I realized the tour was starting 2 hours later. However, there are cafes next door while you wait.

Visited August 2013