“Lovely little family place”
Review of Haus Jermann

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berchtesgaden
Haus Jermann
Ranked #31 of 55 Berchtesgaden B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Haus Jermann in May 2013 for two nights, but we wished we had stayed longer! Mr. & Mrs. Jermann are very friendly and keen for you to enjoy your stay in Berchtesgaden. We were greeted at the train station by Mr. Jermann who drove us up to the B&B. Mrs. Jermann then gave us all the information and maps we would need for our stay and answered our questions about how to get around and things to do. You are even given guest cards which give you free access to the buses in the area; a big plus!
The room we had was large and comfortable and the balcony view was incredible! The beds were comfortable and everything very clean. Rooms are cleaned daily and beds made (seems evident, but as we learned on this trip, not always so).
Breakfast was absolutely lovely and includes a range of quality meats and cheeses, buns, jams, coffee, tea, juice and Mrs. Jermann will even make you a perfectly soft boiled egg if you want it. During the day I believe you could also make coffee or tea at the small guest kitchenette, but we didn't use it. They do have a small fridge with inexpensive beer (1 euro) and water if you want to have a night cap on your balcony.
When we left Mr. Jermann drove us back to the train station and wished us well.

Overall we had a wonderful time here and both recommend it and will return again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, the view is incredible.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 13, 2013

The price for two was great. We stayed one night and we're picked up from the train station, given tourists passes for freebus travel and went straight to the Konigsee tour. Had dinner at a pub we stumbled on and went back to our room. The room was large and had an ensuite attached. Breakfast was great and we were allowed to leave our bags while we walked around town and waited for our train. Would definitely stay again

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank David B
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed here two nights in September as part of an overall trip around Europe. The family who run the guesthouse are friendly and lay on a nice breakfast in the morning.

Its a short walk to the town or a short drive in either direction for Lake Konnigsee or the Eagles nest and its a really nice town to visit.

Room Tip: Room 5 has a nice balcony AND a gigantic rock in the bathroom!.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank spaceboy250
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Mr & Mrs Jermann are very nice. Location is like a few mins walk from city centre and ten mins walk from Hauptbahnhof. My room was single and a bit small but very comfy with a balcony of nice view. My room has no wifi but Mrs Jermann was very keen to find a good spot for me to get online. Breakfast was also good.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank WWIIjerk
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This pension / guest house is the real thing and it is fantastic. The place has been owned and run by the Jermann family since 1927 (or 1928...), but they're so down-to-earth authentic they wouldn't dream of mentioning that fact. Half the guests were short-term like us, but there were also long-term German summer residents. The place is no hotel - it is warmly dishevelled (except the bedrooms, which are spic and span and lovely) and it has a quaint and cosy atmosphere. The location could not be better - it's a two-minute walk from the centre of town, but back in a quiet street, against the hill, looking down on the gorgeous view of rooftops and steeples, with the Bavarian mountains as a backdrop. We stayed here the night before and the night after our five-day hiking tour in those mountains, and the family were nice enough to let us leave bags and things behind, and check us into the same room. One unique feature is there's an elevator fitted inside the house, which must make this place a great choice for anyone who struggles with stairs or doesn't want to lug suitcases up and down narrow staircases. Frau Jermann's English was significantly better than my high-school German and we communicated well - and she also encouraged me to speak German with her, which I appreciated! Her friendly daughter Rita speaks excellent English. All in all we had a wonderful stay and would happily return next summer if we could.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AJayDee
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed in this hostel for two nights.
The hostel is located in the town centre. If you arrive at Berchtesgaden by train, you have to walk uphill for about 15 minutes.
On our arrival and departure days, the owner, Mr Jermann, drove us from/to the train station. It was one of the reasons why I chose this hostel.
The room was clean and big, with a small balcony.
Mrs Jermann was nice and helpful. She provided us with lots of travel information.
However, the bell of a church nearby chimes at night. If you are not a sound sleeper, it might affect your sleep quality.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Calla12345
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Usually before booking a hotel, I do research, read reviews or a guidebook. In this case, however, I arrived in Berchtesgaden on a rainy day with no plan. I asked at the tourist office if they could find an inexpensive single room for me. They located the Jermann Guesthouse. Within a few minutes, the proprietor picked me up at the tourist office and drove me up the hill to the guesthouse. It could not be more central. It is right in the center of the charming village that is Berchtesgaden. I had a single room on the front of the house with my own small balcony overlooking the town. The room was very clean and comfortable and the ensuite bathroom was also exceptionally clean. The house was a typical Bavarian house with flowers in all of the windowboxes and on the balconies. They provided me with a Berchtesgaden visitor card for the duration of my stay which enabled me to use the local buses for free as well as giving me some discounts at area sights. The breakfast was quite good: a variety of meats and cheese as well as an egg, yogurt, bread, jam, juice, coffee , etc. It was tasty and filling. The older couple who run the place were kind, helpful and charming. When I left, the husband, again, drove me down to the station. I would definitely stay here again. I was delighted to find such a comfortable and charming place without having done any research. I paid 38 euros per night for a single ensuite room.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo