“A nice hostel”
Review of Haus Jermann

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berchtesgaden
Haus Jermann
Ranked #37 of 52 Berchtesgaden B&B and Inns
Hong Kong
“A nice hostel”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed in this hostel for two nights.
The hostel is located in the town centre. If you arrive at Berchtesgaden by train, you have to walk uphill for about 15 minutes.
On our arrival and departure days, the owner, Mr Jermann, drove us from/to the train station. It was one of the reasons why I chose this hostel.
The room was clean and big, with a small balcony.
Mrs Jermann was nice and helpful. She provided us with lots of travel information.
However, the bell of a church nearby chimes at night. If you are not a sound sleeper, it might affect your sleep quality.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Calla12345

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Washington, DC
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Usually before booking a hotel, I do research, read reviews or a guidebook. In this case, however, I arrived in Berchtesgaden on a rainy day with no plan. I asked at the tourist office if they could find an inexpensive single room for me. They located the Jermann Guesthouse. Within a few minutes, the proprietor picked me up at the tourist office and drove me up the hill to the guesthouse. It could not be more central. It is right in the center of the charming village that is Berchtesgaden. I had a single room on the front of the house with my own small balcony overlooking the town. The room was very clean and comfortable and the ensuite bathroom was also exceptionally clean. The house was a typical Bavarian house with flowers in all of the windowboxes and on the balconies. They provided me with a Berchtesgaden visitor card for the duration of my stay which enabled me to use the local buses for free as well as giving me some discounts at area sights. The breakfast was quite good: a variety of meats and cheese as well as an egg, yogurt, bread, jam, juice, coffee , etc. It was tasty and filling. The older couple who run the place were kind, helpful and charming. When I left, the husband, again, drove me down to the station. I would definitely stay here again. I was delighted to find such a comfortable and charming place without having done any research. I paid 38 euros per night for a single ensuite room.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo