One word to define this hotel: absolute perfect service!
Always available, never intrusive!
My friend and I wanted to spend a few days in the south bavarian alps countryside to wind down. My decision to book the Alpenhof was mostly based on the TripAdvisor comments (and some others...), and again, we didn't regret it a bit! Architecture? Typical Bavarian chalet style I guess ;) But one must expect it when travelling in Bavaria! They are very proud of their heritage and they are bavarian before german! We booked a suite and the room was very spacious. The bathroom, while a bit small, was spotless and offered all the amenities expected in a 5* hotel. Lots of pillows and duvet available. Restaurant, though typical bavarian once again, offered outstanding choices and quality. The staff is there to answer all your request and to assist you in booking any activities. They have all the information regarding their region handy, and the ski slopes are a mere 5 min away by car. We recommend that you have your own wheels as the hotel is located off the main road leading to the ski slopes and Konigsee lake. Huge fireplace offers warmth and relaxation at the end of a busy, and cold, day! We did not use the spa, as like many europeans, we didn't feel confortable with their habit of walking around naked in front of everyone at the sauna and jacuzzi! And keeping a towel around your waist is not an acceptable option, unfortunately. Funny custom really ;)
We have plans to return to the Alpenhof soon as the countryside looks already absolutely fabulous in winter, and we can't wait to see it in spring or summer...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There are already existing many extravagant 4-star hotels. And all of them outdo each other in architecture and facilities. The Alpine hotel Alpenhof falls out of the ordinary with its exeptional offers and its special familiar ambiance. The special way to relax and enjoy makes the Alpenhof to an outstanding place of rest and peace. We call LUXURY our unique location and the dreamlike tranquility. We wish you a lot of fun while exploring our on-line offer and do not hesitate to ask us any open questions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Alm- & Wellnesshotel Alpenhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alm- & Wellnesshotel Alpenhof Hotel Berchtesgaden
- Alm- And Wellnesshotel Alpenhof
- Alpenhof Hotel Berchtesgaden