We are just back from a 4 night stay at this really wonderful hotel, and we cannot wait until our next visit. Our experience was exceptional from start to finish. The facilities such as the pools (indoor and outdoor), and spa area are lovely. Nothing beats being able to swim outside in cosy warmth on a cold dark evening with steam rising from the pool while looking at the stars. Breakfast and dinner are very generous, with lots of choice. There are plenty of good wines and many good beers to choose from too. But without doubt it is the staff who really help make this hotel worth visiting and revisiting. I cannot recall ever coming across such welcoming, accommodating and helpful staff. Nothing is ever a problem, everything runs efficiently, and there is always someone on hand to help if anything is needed.
The hotel is tranquil and quiet, which makes it pleasant to sit and read in, and the hotel's appearance particularly the bar and lounge give a real feeling of being in Bavaria. It is only 5 minutes drive from Berchtesgaden, and it is less than that to the Konigsee a nearby lake in an Amphitheatre of alpine mountains (not to be missed is the boat ride up the lake and visit to St. Bartholomew; have lunch there too). From the hotel room we stayed in, you had a panoramic view of the surrounding mountains including the Jenner and Waltzmann. The room was generously large, with a fine bed, lovely bathroom, and large seating area with wrap-around sofa where you could sit and read while looking out occasionally at the view. There was a terrace for the summer months.
And if you like hiking, you are at the edge of the Berchtesgaden National Park, with over 400 kms of trails. There are many walks directly from the hotel. On our last day we walked from the hotel to the Brandhof, where we won an eagle's view of the Konigsee, or drive just a short distance to one of the many entrances to the Park (such as the Hintersee). Coming back to the hotel in the evenings, a great way to soothe the body was to indulge in a spa massage. The service we experienced and treatments were excellent. And if you are interested in history then a visit Obersalzberg is a must which also features the eagles nest. Berchtesgaden is itself a lovely little town, the people there are very friendly and it is exactly what you would imagine a Bavarian town to look like. It is good for shopping and there are a number of small casual restaurants there too.
So after our stay, we left feeling very relaxed and happy, and already longing to return. We thank everyone for making our stay such a pleasant one, but particularly Sylvia (exceptional organiser), Mera in the bar (exceptional host and cocktail maker) and Jonas in the restaurant (exceptional waiter and wine selector) for making us feel so much at home, and we will visit again soon. Your hotel and welcome are very special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There are already existing many extravagant 4-star hotels. And all of them outdo each other in architecture and facilities. The Alpine hotel Alpenhof falls out of the ordinary with its exeptional offers and its special familiar ambiance. The special way to relax and enjoy makes the Alpenhof to an outstanding place of rest and peace. We call LUXURY our unique location and the dreamlike tranquility. We wish you a lot of fun while exploring our on-line offer and do not hesitate to ask us any open questions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Alm- & Wellnesshotel Alpenhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alm- And Wellnesshotel Alpenhof
- Alm- & Wellnesshotel Alpenhof Hotel Berchtesgaden
- Alpenhof Hotel Berchtesgaden