“I wasn't impressed.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
New York City, New York
“I wasn't impressed.”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Just an average place, nothing noticeable. Regular food, typical German. I expected a little bit more, I refuse to believe that German cuisine must be boring!
C'mon guys, just use a little imagination in the kitchen!
However, the service was fine, nothing to comment.
---
I am not recommending this place for families with small kids as reviewed before. Also, I am not aware of late night service.

• Visited September 2011
8 Thank EmAlex-KMB877

“Typical Restaurant in a lovely German town.”
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Good Regional food with a nice Beer Garten. The atmosphere is that of a German pub with lots of locals.

1 Thank Vrohde
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Roman z Dolného Kubína - Marcela z BA tel. kont. +421907227514”
Reviewed June 25, 2010

Food is Excellent
Service is Excellent
Amosphere is Excellent
Excellent

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Very nice place, Lost 0.5 star in my review because of uninspiring salad”
Reviewed February 4, 2010

I fully share previous reviewers' opinions about Schwabenbrau being very nice and reasonably priced place. Patio is very private and good for moderate-size parties (inside is a bit too noisy, as a lot of people share appreciation of good reasonably priced meal). I wouldn't hesitate to mark it 5 stars if not for uninspiring selection of salads and veggies (a trait it shares with most other German restos we visited). All in all, I would recommend this place for good German food, nice beer, good service and reasonable prices.

Iowa
“Best Beer Garden in Bad Reichenhall, Germany”
Reviewed October 26, 2009

We stayed at the Golden Tulip hotel, which was about 100m walk up the hill from the restaurant. Schwabenbrau was always busy when we drove by, so we decided to try it. It was one of the best beer gardens we visited in Germany. The Wieninger beer was excellent, and the food even better. The staff was outstanding and we would like to thank David and Goran for their superb service. They also have a huge buffet, which we tried and loved. If you make Bad Reichenhall your base for visiting Salzburg/Berchtesgaden, this is the place to eat!

1 Thank hawkeye49