“unglaublich!”

Spa & Familien Resort Rupertus Therme
More attraction details
Owner description: Framed by a unique natural backdrop of mountains, spring water and a mild alpine climate, adjacent to a vast landscape park, the Rupertus Therme - Spa & Fitness Resort full of life and inner peace. Enjoy the soothing effects of warm bath Reichenhaller Alps brine from the sea of primeval a break from everyday life and learn how body, mind and soul relax. In harmony with nature will find a unique and comfortable ambience.
Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“unglaublich!”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I expect I'm easily impressed because I haven't been to a real spa before, but I was amazed by this place. It's very close to Salzburg, in the most gorgeous setting you can imagine. The sparkling clean Rupertus Therme features I don't know how many salt pools at various temperatures and levels of salinity. (There's also a cold-water pool you can hop into after the hot pool, and let me tell you, it provides a real shock to the system.) In the salt grotto, which reminds me a little of a sensory deprivation tank, the salinity is so high that you have to hang on to a ledge at the side of the pool to keep from bobbing off into the middle of the pool. It's a bit kitschy--piped-in music, lava-lamp-type imagery on the "cave" walls--but it's totally relaxing if you just close your eyes and float. Nobody seemed to want to leave the place. The steam cave is very dramatic--pretty much can't see a thing except for little floor lights. My favorite part, though, was the big outdoor pool. It's really something to swim or float leisurely through steaming-hot salt water and gaze up at the gorgeous snowy Alps rising above you. Deluxe.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank word_factory

• Czech first
  • Slovak first
Columbus, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Oh So Relaxing, Beautiful Setting”
Reviewed December 5, 2011

My husband & I recently spent a very relaxing afternoon here at the Rupertus Therme. For an entire day, it only cost 28 euro a person -- well worth it! I wish that we could go back!

From the steaming outdoor pools looking onto the beautiful Alps to the many saunas, this Spa was fantastic! Our very favorite was the Saltwater Grotto, where we literally floated with ease for 45 minutes in the saltwater pool surrounded by relaxing music, low lights, & cave-like features. Aaah.

There was a large family area of the Spa also, with a big pool, water slide, etc.

Everything was extremely clean & well maintained. So relaxing!

Visited November 2011
3 Thank mundublu
Vicenza
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Expanded family area means less crowding-Great relaxing vacation.”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We've been to the Rupertus Therme three times now voer the past two years. We travel from Northern Italy five hours to get there because it's the best spa around and set in a beautiful scenic area. This summer, they completed a big expansion by adding a whole new section specifically for families and children. The new area has a huge pool for lap swimming as well as an additional thermal pool and area for kids. There is also a giant tube to go down in big inner-tubes. We're in our 50s and had a lot of fun doing it over and over. Go on a weekday to avoid the kids mobbing that part of the attraction. The addition of this family area means that the regular spa area is less crowded. We spent two full days with a day of hiking in between. We added in the sauna area (no clothes allowed) on the second day and if you like steams and saunas, this place can't be beat. All sections, regular spa, family area and sauna now have more seating, more areas with comfortable lounge chairs, etc. You're not allowed to bring in your own food (though we did) but there are restaurants where you can purchase food and drink. The prices seemed pretty reasonable. The basic price for the therme covers four hours, but for a mere 3 Euro more, you can stay all day. We love staying late as it's quite beautiful all lit up at night and it gets quieter later at night as well. Best time to visit is on weekdays. We were there on Thanksgiving day and felt like we had the place practically to ourselves!

Visited November 2011
1 Thank TerVicenza
Moscow, Russia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Best place to spend time!”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Still cannot forget the best therme I have ever been to, as there is no such place on Earth as Rupertus. I don't like to spend to much time in thermes, but this place is so much greater then enything.
Some traing in well equiped gym, variety of solty swimming pools, saunas for real Germans (not for a shy Russian girls like me) and TOTAL relaxation in solt caves. The last part of our stay I have enjoyed the most!!! After a stressful day, or week or even more it is the best treat for body and soal.
Moreover, they are building the part for children, as I have heard, which is very useful for young couples who came there to relax, just as everybody, but cannot relax that much.
So if you are planning on going somewhere to thermes you should choose this place!

Visited June 2011
4 Thank Kate-go-round
Dallas, Texas
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“My little paradise...”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Imagine yourself floating in warm and salty water,looking at Alpes...unforgettable!this place is really clean,very new and so special..
Go to the "salt cave" and float there listening to classical music..or go to numerous saunas(beware of traditional germal "no bathing suit" in saunas-yes,everyone is completely naked),have a drink in cafe..you will enjoy every moment there...
Cons: not really kids-friendly
Food is not that good