Hotel Bayerischer Hof
Hotel Poseidon(Bayreuth)
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsswimming pooltrain stationother hotelsold townbathroom windowminute walk from the hotelbronze statueroom numberroom keywellness centrewagner festivalreception staffthe ground floorrooms are comfortablehotel is locatedgendarmerieshutters
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 27, 2010

The Bayrischer Hof is very conveniently located next the train station, but the rooms are very quiet because a single-loaded corridor shields the rooms from any train noise. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the Festspielhaus, as well as all other major attractions. My room was very comfortable and clean. The staff was extremely courteous and responsive to all problems and inquiries. The hotel also has a very nice indoor pool, an excellent restaurant and a very good breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank apohan
Reviewed August 23, 2009

This is a fairly basic hotel, something that came as a surprise given the fairly steep price we paid during the Wagner Festival. The property is functional but dated. What I can say about the Bayerischer Hof, and the reason for my high ranking, is the service received during a week's stay. There was no request, no mater how large or how small, that was not received with enthusiasm by staff and promptly attended to. In all my years of travel, I cannot recall a hotel of any stature that provided better service than I received here. Management should seriously consider opening a consulting service for other hotels as this level of service greatly enhances the enjoyment of a stay.

Restaurant at the hotel also recommended.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank martin66
Reviewed December 27, 2006

My partner and my parents stayed here when my daughter was getting married in Bayreuth. The hotel was convenient , clean, warm and pleasant. The staff dealt effeciently with requests of extra blankets, heaters and hot milk at night time for my elderly parents. My other children joined us for the evening meals and the resteraunt staff coped well with requests for 7 different meal variations. The food was scrumptious and the best I have tasted on many other trips to the town.
There is also a lovely coffee shop just down the road on the same side as the hotel, all dressed in ctirus colours.. I cannot recall the name.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Karentravels
Reviewed August 15, 2006

If you're coming in to Bayreuth by train, this is the place for you---it's across the street from the train station (but not noisy at all). The desk staff is pleasant and helpful; we had adjoining rooms with amusingly funky decor but very clean, spacious and comfortable, with extremely clean bathrooms. It's a very nice walk into the main part of the town for shopping etc, and the town itself is charming; don't forget to tour the Steingraeber piano factory. Wagner's not the whole story here! We had dinner at the restaurant adjoining the hotel -- if you're dressed for the concerts, you can sit in the back; we were just passing through, so we sat in the front and had probably the best meal of all the places we went to on our trip...sigh. Fabulous cooking. All in all, a very good choice for a visit.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank Miolaran
Reviewed August 29, 2005

Trying to get tickets for RICHCARD WAGNERS Bayreuth Festival is a very hard process; took me 10 years to get tickets. Well, after I finally got tickets I did some reserdh to find the best place to stay while in Bayreuth, Germany; and I found that place in the very lovely BAYRISCHER HOF HOTEL. My wife, son and I arrived in Bayreuth, via a cab because we got lost trying to take a train, and found the hotel right next to the train station. First, you could not ask for a better location. I had considered other hotels in Bayreuth, but found out later by walking around the town that they were far from the train station and also far from Wagners Festival House. The Festival House is where Wagners opera dramas are performed and was in walking distance of BAYRISCHER HOF HOTEL. This really came in handy because when the performance was over it became very hard to get a cab back to the hotel. Seemed everybody wanted to catch a cab and all I had to do was walk 10 minutes to BAYRISCHER HOF. We had a mini-suite; one large King sized bed and a cot made up very cozy for my 12 year old son. The room was quite large and always clean. We had a view overlooking a lovely garden. The hotel staff were very professional and always very helpful. Though we found very few people tha spoke English in Germany, this was not the case at the hotel, for the front desk spoke English very well. Every morning there was a heftly breakfast encluded in the room rate. Keep in mind that this was a large form of the European breakfast: Bread, jams cerels, cold cuts, soft boiled and hardboiled eggs...ect. The restaurant in the hotel is very quaint and served pretty good French cuisene. The only fault I had with the hotel is that the TV programming, alas, had only German choices except for the British CNN News; but we had recorded several programs on our computer DVR and also brought many DVD's with us which is what I recommend you doing if you play to go to Germany. All in all, we had a wonderful experiance staying at the, very conviently located BAYRISCHER HOF HOTEL.

• Stayed: August 2005