Sai Thai
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I've been to some Thai restaurants in Germany that don't even know what pad thai is - that should give you an idea of the level of Thai restaurants in this country.

Luckily that's not the case with this little gem. Not only do they have pad thai - and most other Thai dishes you're hoping for - but they have DELICIOUS pad thai. The food is prepared fresh and to order by a husband and wife team who really care about their cooking. The value is good; the atmosphere is casual; the food is great. A must-do if you're in the mood for delicious Asian food in Ansbach.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

When we first walked in we thought it was a take out restaurant as all the seating is upstairs..but the food was great, I ordered the Chicken Pad Thai and some soup that I have forgotten the name of.. One thing I can say is me and my husband both love some spicy food but be warned when they tell you it will be very spicy they do mean very spicy.. so be sure to pay attention to the spice levels listed on the menu..

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I can't compare this restaurants Thai food to other Thai food because this is my first experience....but I'm hooked! The pad Thai chicken is excellent. The service is fast and the owner and his wife are very nice. Like others have noted, you can order in English or German. Prices are very reasonable. There are only 2 tables downstairs (as you enter) but about 5 more upstairs...take away is possible as well. It's one of my favorite restaurants in Ansbach!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Sai Thai is authentic Thai food (I lived in Bangkok for a few years), reasonably priced, good value. The owners, a German husband and Thai wife, are very friendly and helpful. You can order in German, English or Thai with no problems. Ingredients are fresh, curries fresh, and all the Thai staples are served, including a good sam tam (green papaya) salad and laab (meat salad), dishes that other local places don't usually have. They will make dishes as bland or as SPICY as you want! Although the restaurant looks small when you walk in, there is nicer seating upstairs, too.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I have lived here for about 3 years. I have tried many Thai places in town and none has reminded me of the excellent ones I've had in the states or in Asia. This is as close as it gets in Ansbach for sure. And FINALLY, Pad Thai is on the menu! We did takeout and it was FAST! Highly recommend. You can even request the spice level on some of the dishes. I will be going there at least a few times a month for sure. I would not want them to leave!