“Cute Hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ulm
Hotel Schiefes Haus Ulm
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Ulm
Venice, Italy
“Cute Hotel”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Booked this hotel for one night, as we were visiting Legoland the next day (20 min away). Location is perfect, just parking is a bit tricky, they will give you a pass to park in a designated zone, but have fun finding a space.... I took about 20 min.... The hotel is very quaint and small. Not too many amenities (long haul of two big and heavy suitcases up two flights!) but overall ok. Interesting that some parts of the old walls are still viewable behind Plexiglas. our rooms (#6 and 7) were spacious. Our breakfast was very good. only negative points I had were: my bathroom was not too clean (window was full of cobwebs and the beams etc was very dirty, to be expected in such a house with exposed beams??) and the lack of AC and fans (both rooms being under the roof). I asked the receptionist, but she seemed to be a bit overwhelmed (told me she was new), she did not know if the air vents along the floor were AC or not, nor did she know if there were any fans.... Although we were smack in the middle of the pedestrian zone, I thought that the rates were a bit pricey.

Room Tip: - No AC in rooms 6 /7!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank shovi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Brighton, MI
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Could not have asked for more from our stay here. Totally exceeded our expectations. Delightful, clean, unique hotel, with first rate staff.

Chose to stay in a 'less crooked' room, but even it had plenty of charm and 'fun' appeal as its floor was still slanted even though the bed was flat!

Only stayed here one night but would definitely stay here again if in the Ulm area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wright-Brighton-MI
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had no idea and did not know about this tourist attraction in Ulm in the midst of the fishermen's quarters. I wanted to stay there, when I saw this old hotel from the outside and walked in. I was lucky because there was one single room still available for two nights. The very top room is the longest room in the hotel - from one end of the house to the other. When you are at the creek-end with couch, Flatsceen TV and minibar and you want to walk to your bed at the other end, it's an 'uphill battle', which is all the fun.The house has a great history and is evident everywhere and well explained. You constantly enjoy the sound of the very near-by creek. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet is good and to German standards. I booked it again for my upcoming October trip with my wife to share the unique experience.

Room Tip: toproom has the 'uphill' experience
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Ulm is not one of the top tourist destinations in Germany, so that most travellers will only stay there for a few nights. For this, Hotel Schiefes Haus is a nice base. It's located in the old fishermen's quarter, quiet and central, within walking distance to all major tourist destinations. It's an unusual and quirky hotel, but not without modern comfort.

Rooms are adequately sized, with all amenities one expects from a hotel nowadays, including free and fast WLAN. Furniture is modern, offering an interesting contrast to the old structure of the building. Staff are very friendly and breakfast is good. No restaurant in the buidling, which is not an issue, as there are some nice restaurants just around the corner.

Only downside is that obviously there is no elevator in the building that carries your luggage to the upper floors...

If you like hotels with a character, Schiefes Haus is the best place in Ulm to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Michael-Traveller-JP
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013

A great experience, with very helpful pleasant staff who were very happy to explain the fascinating history of the building. Good breakfast buffet, with everything fresh as staff replenished as necessary, rather than leaving food lying around. Our only complaint was cheap, hard, small pillows filled with old fashioned foam chunks - not up to usual German standards

Room Tip: We were in room 10, at top of building, which was spacious & comfortable but without sloping flo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sam O
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I've stayed here many times for work and a couple times personally as it is not too bad as a launch point to Munich. If you're like me, you like something clean and comfortable and modern. Well, by the looks of it, the Schiefes Haus at something like 500 years old would not be it, but you'd be wrong! This hotel is very modern inside the rooms and is extremely comfortable (comfortable beds and largish bathrooms). Nice simple breakfast and eating area and cool sitting area (beer, wine, drinks) in a room that is actually over the creek. Also, this hotel is in the historic Fischersviertel (fishing quarter) which is beautiful. It is also very close to the main cathedral and anything else you'd like to see within downtown Ulm.

As most have said, the building is crooked and while it is very noticeable inside the rooms, it's not a nuisance. In fact, it's unique and each bed has a level built into it. As mentioned, rooms are modern, have a fridge, wifi, big tub with built in shower.

Some warnings: book early as this place fills fast (especially when the X-mas market is on), they generally have a cancellation charge, no elevator (they'll help you with your bags), and watch your head as doorways are short.

This is easily one of the most unique hotels I've frequented...a great stay for business or pleasure and very comfortable.

Room Tip: All rooms are different!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank mks4
Chicago
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I did not stay here. I booked a room 2 weeks before I was to stay there. Because of work issues I could not stay there. I canceled my reservation 5 days later. Their policy is to charge a % if you cancel this close to your arrival date. They charged me 71% of my night. I had the room reserved for only 5 days. Most likely, they would not have rented the room even if I had not made my reservation. They could have been more accommodating and not charged me such a high percentage as they did. I have had to do something similar with other hotels in germany, who charged me anywhere from nothing to a maximum of 20%. I feel that this hotel could have been a bit more compassionate, due to the fact that these were circumstances out of my control AND because I had the room reserved for only 5 days.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business