“very enjoyable -- nice refuge” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kismet

Kismet
Ranked #679 of 1,346 Restaurants in Stuttgart
Germany
“very enjoyable -- nice refuge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2008

Just when I thought I wouldn't find a good restaurant around Le Meridien, I came upon the Kismet by chance. It has excellent upscale atmosphere, with kilims on the walls, kilim pillows, beautiful glazed windows,and relaxing lighting.

It was difficult to choose what to eat on the menu because everything sounded so appealing. I shared a plate combining many of the side order dishes, which were all vegetarian and delicious. It's difficult to find homous on a menu in Germany, but this restaurant has it, and it's wonderful. I don't remember ever seen homous in Turkey, either, which is why I wouldn't call this a strictly Turkish restaurant. It seems to combine other Mediteranean cuisines. We also ordered a dish of spinach with a yogurt sauce and hot toasted bread. Excellent.

The wine and beer were served very cold, a plus. Service was friendly and helpful, and we had a very relaxing evening, happy we'd come upon a new "find."

I shall return, as often as possible.

1 Thank rotling