“Great food, beautiful atmosphere but the waitstaff took advantange.”
Review of Floating Market

Floating Market
Ranked #438 of 1,449 Restaurants in Stuttgart
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I love the Floating Market for it's atmosphere and food. Everything was beautifully presented, making us feel like dignitaries. We tried a lot of different dishes and shared everything. The wait stafff was excellent with regard to service. However, we were brand new in Germany and weren't sure about tipping. We asked and were led to believe we needed to tip more. My husband overtipped by 40 euro. The wait staff did not bring this to attention, but smiled and greatfully took our money.

1  Thank Heather P

Reviewed August 30, 2012

This was the first restaurant I read about when I arrived in Stuttgart that seemed to have quite decent reviews so I have been intrigued to try it. Also, I drive by it every day on my way back from work and every time I think about how I must try it.

Although this place has outdoor seating, it is very close to the main road so there is a lot of foot traffic. It seems that to sit indoors would actually be much better as when I went to use the restroom, I could see the interior had been decorated very nicely indeed. Anyway, we choose an outdoor seat.

The food is very expensive, as you expect from an Asian restaurant but I don't think it's particularly worth the expense. We didn't order any starters but delved straight into the main courses. I had my usual prawn Pad Thai while my friend ordered a Chicken Massamam Curry. While my Pad Thai was very tasty indeed, the amount of noodles seemed VERY stingy. There seemed to be a normal amount of toppings; prawns, tofu, crushed peanuts, spring onion etc. but I think I ate 5 mouthfuls and all the noodles were gone. My friend in fact wanted to try some noodles and I had to tell him there were none left. The curry was good - the meat was in large chunks and the sauce seemed tasty.

Whilst I'm glad I've tried this place, I think there are better Thai restaurants in Stuttgart for the same money. I think for around 15,00 Euros, I would have wanted a little more. I could definitely have eaten more and that's not even me being greedy. Overall, just a bit average and seems to be more about the surroundings than the food here.

1  Thank hula-girl12
Reviewed September 29, 2011

The restaurant is very nice inside and out. I have been to a number of Thai restaurants and this was not great. The presentation of the food; rather than the Thai curries being in a separate dish, it was just placed on the plate so it looked so saucy. The food was a bit greasy and also had a side of the pad thai and this was very fishy and didn't taste right. The service was mediocre; didn't ask for drink refills, didn't take our plates away and took ages to bring our bill.

Reviewed April 16, 2011

Some people say this is way overpriced; I do not agree. It's average for the Stuttgart downtown area and it's really good Thai food. I do not think it's the best ever and I do not think the portions are as big as I'd like... but it's a good place for sure. We'll be back!

Reviewed March 27, 2011

This is nice if you're into ambiance and a modern Thai scene and want to impress. Food selection not to my taste. Presentation was good well but one of our dishes was pretty bland. The seafood plate was pretty good with the shrimp and calamari cooked perfectly and a good kick. Service was pretty responsive.