“Best Wiener Schnitzel I've ever had”
Review of Weinstube Vetter

Weinstube Vetter
Ranked #277 of 1,438 Restaurants in Stuttgart
Cuisines: German, Bar, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Vetter is in a great neighborhood with a lot of outdoor seating in the nice weather. I would recommend making a reservation.

To be honest, the only entree I've ever eater at Vetter is their Wiener Schnitzel, but, as I said, it's the best I've ever had - so why eat anything else. The Wiener Schnitzel is made with actual veal and that makes all the difference. Most restaurants make what they call Wiener "Art" which means Vienna "style" this is a euphemism for using pig instead of veal - big difference.
I lived in Stuttgart for two years. This my favorite restaurant for dinner. Guten Appetit!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had a wonderful night out with friends as this cozy, delicious restaurant. Favorites on the menu include the risotto, pumpkin gnocchi, baked goat cheese, schnitzel and lamb. Everything is cooked to perfection, is seasonal, seasoned well and good sized portions. Wine is fantastic and affordable. Great for an intimate dinner with friends or a date. Dinner is standard, German service and takes 3 hours. Will visit again and again!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Had the spaghetti with basil pesto and Sauerbraten, which needed no knife for cutting is was so tender. A pleasurable walk from the Bopser U-bahn stop, down a steep trail and some more steep stairs. But, once you have a great meal, what better way to walk it off!

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Michelin's "Bib Gourmand" rating led us to try this restaurant despite its slightly out of the way location on a narrow dead end street off the Hauptstatter Str. We had neglected to book and were lucky (on a Thursday night) to have the chance to share a table for four with another couple (previously unknown). Many others arriving after us were turned away. The menu was in German and in handwriting, so some knowledge of German would be useful. Servers did not have perfect command of English but were friendly and I am sure would have done their best to offer help had it been needed. Menu was small but varied: about ten items in each of starters, mains, and desserts. Some typical Swabian offerings and some more inventive choices. Sensible portions and creative presentation. We ate outside which was an informal space ; the interior was warmly lit and had a more sophisticated ambiance. Dinner for two with a bottle of wine came to 60 euros, which seemed very good value.

1  Thank WomanofDiscernment
Reviewed November 26, 2011

We live not far from Vetter and tried it one evening with no expectations and we were really delighted.

I had amazing fish and my partner had a Swabian dish which he loved. The wine list was fantastic and it's quite a nice little place inside.

The waitress was very cold, but incredibly efficient I have to say!

We thought it was pretty good value.