“One of the best hotels in Stuttgart”
Review of ARCOTEL Camino

ARCOTEL Camino
Ranked #8 of 146 Hotels in Stuttgart
Reviewed June 23, 2014

The staff are very friendly and helpful. The location of the hotel is at a walking distance from the shopping centre. The hotel is very clean and the rooms in excellent condition. I recommend it to those visiting Stuttgart.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
camino2108, Leiter Gästebetreuung at ARCOTEL Camino, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Gladly we share your nice words with our staff. It's nice to hear that you had a comfortable stay at the ARCOTEL Camino in Stuttgart. We are looking forward to welcome you again and wish you a pleasant time until then. Kind regards, Melanie Ringwelski, Guest Relation.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Very nice place with all comfort in the rooms. Good hospitality.
Closer by Rail Station and Metro Station for Airport - 5 minutes to walk.
Beakfast various and complete.
I'll come back soon with friends.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
camino2108, Leiter Gästebetreuung at ARCOTEL Camino, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Gladly we share your nice words with our staff. We are looking forward to welcome you again and wish you a pleasant time until then. Kind regards, Melanie Ringwelski, Guest Relation.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Our initial experience at the Arcotel Camino began when we arrived on a rainy day at 2.10pm after a 2 hour train trip only to find that check-in time is 3.00pm - an hour later than every other hotel we stayed at in Germany. In spite of the fact that the hotel was not fully booked, we were informed that our room was not yet ready, so opted to have a coffee at the hotel bar downstairs in the interim. We arrived to find the bar initially unattended, but were eventually attended to by a very polite staff member and checked in shortly after 3pm. We had pre-paid our non-refundable 3 day booking, but in spite of the hotel having beautifully appointed, clean and quiet rooms, opted to cut our stay short as the result of repeated issues in gaining access to our room.
During the first 24 hours, this required no less than 3 return visits to reception on the upper ground floor of the hotel in order to have our electronic card reactivated. The electronic card is also required to gain elevator access and in some instances would work for the elevator but not allow room access.
As we did not come to Stuttgart to spend a significant percentage of our time running up and down between our 3rd floor room and reception, we opted to cut our losses and re-booked into the Movenpick Hotel at Zurich.

Room Tip: Stuttgart was a construction zone during our visit, so pedestrian access to the hotel was restricted...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David_and_Karen_Mc
camino2108, Geschäftsführer at ARCOTEL Camino, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear David,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We feel sorry for the experience you had during your stay at the ARCOTEL Camino. Therefore we want to excuse ourselves for the inconvenience caused by the room key card. That´s not the way we want to show our guests, that we are passionate hosts. We hope you will visit us again and that you will give us a second chance.
Until then we wish you a nice time and all the best. Kind regards, Peter Leidig, General Manager, ARCOTEL Camino

Reviewed May 11, 2014

a fantastic welcome and early checkin was a great start to my three day stay at Camino.

the accommodation is spotless and the rooms are well equipped although i wasn't a huge fan of the open plan bathrooms with the net curtain.

the air conditioning was good and when I requested an extra blanket it arrived in minutes.

the rooms have no iron and iron boards and we requested one which I believe is the only one in the hotel. we had a phone call on Saturday at 8.30 asking for it back a little annoying given we were having a rare sleepin

on the whole the bar service is good with well presented and poured drinks although at time it could take a while.

a small but functional gym is attached the to sauna area which I didn't use but looked nice

the wifi is a little slow

overall a great hotel nice walk into town and I would stay and recommend the hotel

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
camino2108, Leiter Gästebetreuung at ARCOTEL Camino, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for feedback. We are happy to hear, that you had a nice stay at the ARCOTEL Camino. Unfortunately we do not have an iron and iron board for each room. So we are reliant that our guests give us a call when they are finished with ironing. But we are very sorry for waking you up.
Kind regards, Melanie Ringwelski, Guest Relation

Reviewed May 8, 2014

OK, if not for one thing, I would have given them 4 star, but when you advertise something and then don't have it... That's bad. I understand this is Europe and Germany and things tend to not get hot, but the hotel does advertise air conditioning, and it was pitiful. AND it was not just my room, others commented on the same thing in my group. I had maintenance look at it, no help... And even it it was working the high speed on the fan was soooo low airflow you would never noticed it. So there, that's my 3 star justification.

Now that aside, this is a good hotel. About 3 blocks, 5 minute walk, to the main train/subway station and from there you can get to anywhere. Across from the station is probably a 20 block pedi durian shopping and Resturant area, so very confident indeed.

Didn't try the Resturant (breakfast was 22 Euro !!!), but front desk was friendly and helpful. Room was comfortable if not a little odd, they had a table desk, but only a footstool at it, there was a big chair but it was too heavy to move), but it was a workable arrangement. Bed was comfortable with 3 three types of pillows.

Don't know if I'd stay here again, rate would have to be lower than I paid to entice me. But if not in the warm season, would definitely be worth a look.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear MacJoe

Thank you for your feedback. We feel sorry that you had such problems with the air condition. We have already informed our technician about this problem. Gladly we like to inform you that we only use high quality food for our breakfast buffet, so we think the price is fair. We hope to welcome you again and wish you a pleasant time until then. Kind regards, Melanie Ringwelski, Guest Relation

Reviewed May 8, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed April 29, 2014

During a trip to Stuttgart (where I am frequently for business) customers of mine had booked the Arcotel Camino for 1 night. I usually stay in hotels closer to the airport but our customers wanted to stay in the city center and from the location and the reviews the Arcotel Camino seemed like a good choice.

The decor of the hotel and the room is unique and pretty in my eyes. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. I was travelling with a 9-seater-van that is not easy to park in the narrow streets and when I arrived to pick up the customers in the morning of the day that I would check-in at night, the ladies kindly made sure that I was able to park the large vehicle in the evening without problems.

When I came back that night to check in, the reception from the guy at front desk was less friendly but he furnished me my room key without issues. Upon going up to the second floor I opened my room door and found to my surprise a suitcase standing in the room.
I assumed a mistake had taken place and muled my heavy suitcase back down to reception.
I approached the front desk and explained the situation, which was met by a unfriendly frown and the explanation "that this is probably from one of their frequent guest". Well, and so? Yeah, probably his colleague had let one of their frequent guests use the room and forgot to take out the luggage. He then said he would go up and check.

He disappeared and in the mean time two more solo travellers started to queue up behind me. When he came back he was rolling the suitcase, shot me a quick glance and said, yes, it is from a long term guest and it is ok now.

I then asked him if I could possibly have a different room - I am a woman staying alone in the room and am not comfortable with staying in a room that (maybe just in my head but even that costs me my sleep...) someone else might possibly have a key to since he used the room earlier. He shroughed his shoulders, shot me a glance as if I am an annoying insect and said that they are nearly sold out. He then did nothing. And let me wait for a while. He then said: Booked out, we only have the apartments and they are much more expensive. He very clearly wanted me to leave now. The two gentlemen behind me in line must have obviously booked an apartment because they had no more rooms, right...

Things can go wrong and I don't mind. That there is not a single word of apology uttered and I am being treated as being bothersome for the fact that I don't think it is normal that someone else's suitcase is in my room, is unacceptable. Whatever the calling of the man behind reception on this night (03. April 2014) might be - it is not to be in customer service.

I then went to the room and though easy - I just lock the room. Just to find out that the door lock did not work! I had a sleepless night.

The very friendly lady at the bar saved parts of the night.
Breakfast spread is good and the service staff was friendly but I have to mention that it is the only hotel of that category that I have stayed in in Stuttgart that does not offer gluten free and lactose free items. Maybe they have it - but it is nowhere mentioned.

It is a pity. Room alone, location, bar and bar staff would get 5 stars from me, but the terrible front desk does not make this a hotel I want to return to when travelling on my own. I have to add as well that the front desk upon check-out in the morning (ladies this time) could improve it's friendliness, the lady that was serving the gentlemen next to me was really unfriendly to him (and I am German, it is not lost in translation)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Carisa78
camino2108, Leiter Gästebetreuung at ARCOTEL Camino, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Dear Carisa78,

thank you for staying at the ARCOTEL Camino Stuttgart and taking the time to pass your comment on TripAdvisor.
We feel glad to hear that you liked our comfortable and spacious rooms as well the location, bar and the friendliness of our bar employees.
Concerning the gluten and lactose free items we are able to offer this now at our everyday breakfast buffet.
But unfortunately your stay was not to your complete satisfaction.
We apologize for the trouble caused and we can assure you that the attitude of our reception staff is not up to our philosophy and of course no standard in the ARCOTEL Camino Stuttgart.
We did talk to the concerned employees and we can assert that such an inconvenience will not happen again.
Your remarks are very important for us and we regret that we could not satisfy you of our hotel.
It would be a great pleasure if you will give us a second chance in the future.
We like to make concession for your next stay, so please do not hesitate to contact our Front Office Manager Constanze Stein (+49 711 25858-2020) for any queries directly.