“Erlebnis!” 5 of 5 bubbles

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Erlebnis!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Travel by words through the history of Stuttgart. Learn interesting facts that (as an inhabitant of the city) you may walk over a daily basis without notice (How the children of Germany pay tribute to the victims of WWII right below your feet!). Witness a “transaction” in the Red Light District… Drink with the locals! This was the perfect tour to take my "history buff" father on whilst on a quick visit to the city. Sarah is very passionate and handled any question we threw at her. Well worth the money. In fact, I’ve done the tour three times! Definitely my “go to” event for any English speaking visitors.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank DoppioCafe

London, United Kingdom
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“Entertaining and Informative!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is a great tour for new visitors to Stuttgart and for those who have lived here for years and years. Informative and entertaining, Sarah (the tour guide) shines light on parts of Stuttgart that I was unaware even existed. I highly recommend this tour.

3 Thank abt9904
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great time even for long time residents”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have been in the Stuttgart area for over seven years and spent a lot of time exploring the streets and alleys. I still learned many new and interesting facts about my current city's history. The tour was about the right length and was easy for terrain and pace. The optional stop to enjoy a brew in a very typical German Kneipe (pub) was well received by the whole group. The tour guide was a native English speaker and there were no problems understanding any of the information. She was also knowledgeable enough to answer all the questions the group threw her way. Good times!

2 Thank cjcuciti
Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Learned about things I wouldn't have otherwise even seen in Stuttgart!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

I've been living in Stuttgart for nearly a year but know woefully little about it's history, so I went on this tour because I wanted to learn more. I saw places, monuments, and memorials that I must have walked past a hundred times before but never noticed the details or knew what they meant, and now I do!

Did you know there is a memorial to the guy who Tom Cruise played in Valkyrie in Stuttgart? Can you tell where the medieval city walls are? Did you know that the main walking street used to be a moat?! Have you looked up to the tops of statues and down to the stones in the street to catch the details of Stuttgart and Germany's history? Sarah can show you all of these things (and more... I didn't spoil the whole tour here) as well as explain the history involved.

This was a great tour and I feel smarter for having absorbed all that I could from Sarah for a couple of hours while getting a bit of exercise while strolling around the city. I have a lot of English-speaking colleagues who visit Stuttgart and I will definitely be recommending this tour to them!

Visited December 2013
3 Thank Alli_D04
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fascinating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Great tour with lots of good stoat is and facts! So glad I joined this tour!! Learnt a lot about the city I've lived in for over a year & now know what those little copper bricks are in the streets!

2 Thank AdeleM1981