“Great location, clean and fresh looking”
Review of arcona MO.HOTEL

arcona MO.HOTEL
Ranked #41 of 146 Hotels in Stuttgart
Reviewed June 28, 2011

My boyfriend stayed here for business for a week and I met up with him on the last two nights.. It was a nice place to come 'home' to after I had been traveling all day. It is very modern in design and it very quiet. I didn't have much interaction with the staff, but when I did they were pleasant and friendly. They have fresh apples and packages of gummy chews at the reception. We had a double room. There is lot's of closet space to hang clothes up along with shelves for other belongings. There's a desk, chair, phone and outlet for charging up the cell phone. (no wireless) We also had a round table and a cozy chair that is perfect for sipping tea in the morning.
The bed was extremely comfortable. There are black out curtains and makes the room terrifically dark for sleeping in. The bathroom is large and spacious for two people to get ready without knocking into each other. The glass shower is large enough for two people to share. As someone else mentioned, the water pressure is good but it switches from hot to cold for no apparent reason. The towels, bedding are comfortable and smooth.
He picked this hotel because of the perfect location next to/on top of the shopping center. The large grocery store was very convenient and a great place to pick up yogurt, juice, and pastries. The breakfast at the hotel was very expensive. We didn't eat there. We also bought a lot of German chocolate there on our last day for gifts. Great assortment. I didn't buy any clothes, but window shopping left me with wanting everything I saw.
The hotel is also walking distance to several bars, restaurants, gas stations and it's close to the train station. It's less than 1/2 drive from the airport. We parked on the street and paid the meter. It's free after a certain hour in the evening until the morning. The hotel also has parking. We didn't use the gym or spa area but walked through and it would be a great place to exercise and relax for someone staying here for business.
My boyfriend travels to Stuttgart often and said this will be his hotel of choice from now on. I couldn't agree more. A fun thing for me is "MO" are my initials and the first two letters of my hometown. Two more reasons mo.hotel is my favorite!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marcia74

Reviewed March 3, 2011

This was a convenient and fabulous find. The mod decor was a bonus. Found the room to be comfortable, although I could not figure out the rolladen once they were lowered by the cleaning staff, and the front desk service was above expectations. Really enjoyed the fitness center and sauna. Breakfast was superb.
The location was ideal for our business in Stuttgart, including the walk to the S-bahn.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank DAC_NoVa
Reviewed October 28, 2010

I was misleaded by some of the comments here. This hotel is one of the worst i ever stayed in whole Europe. Rooms are small, not too clean, furniture is really cheap and bad, there is no minibar of frigerator in the rooms. Parking is done in the shopping mall parking - 15 euros, hotel lobby doesn't practically exists, hotel bar is a joke (an very expensive joke).
Hotel is in the middle of nowhere, takes around 40 minutes to city center.
Overall, very vey disappointed with this, definetelly will NEVER go there again (biggest disappoinment: room furniture and feel)

2  Thank catalinBern
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Don't get me wrong. I would totally stay here again if they moved the whole hotel closer to the center of Stuttgart and kept the same rate. The hotel itself is great. The fact that it is connected to a mall complex was perfect. Everything is right there! Let's see, a 17 euro breakfast at the hotel or just walk a few steps to one of the cafes in the mall...easy right?
The reception staff was friendly and helpful offering us assistance/directions to the places we most wanted to visit. Designed over-the-top modern chique, it was a complete departure from our previous hotel designed by Bilbo Baggins.
Stark, angular lines with a black,white and red theme throughout. There is a Mercedes facility across the street so I'm thinking the hotel gets a lot of visiting clients that stay here.
The room was very spacious and again very mo.dern. Flat screen TV, automatic shutters, coffee/tea service (a big plus for me). Our room was just down the hall from the spa/gym which are inconspiculously found behind doors that seemed to be just other guest rooms. The spa was roomy with a relaxing area with about 5 or so chase lounges and adjoining sauna.
Again, if you're needing to be out in the burbs or in a less hectic pace than central Stuttgart, this hotel couldn't be mo. perfect.

Reviewed October 5, 2010

MO had everything my partner and I needed for a truly enjoyable stay. We were in for the Constatter Volkfest and found the services to be impeccable. Though I'm a true internet junkie, I didn't mind the lack of wi-fi service. The room was neatly appointed and the beds were very comfortable; I didn't miss my Tempurpedic mattress from home at all!
The continuation of the "Mo" theme on the room card holder and personal service items in the bath area were catchy and clever. The breakfast buffet and accompanying service by the wait staff was perfect. Though we did not use the fitness facilities or room service amenities, those too did not lack attention to detail.
Centrally located, the tram station allowed us direct transportation to and from the festival and the eateries nearby, plus the Schwaben Galarie were real treats. When visiting Stuttgart, one would be foolish to not seek out this gem of a hotel... We're coming back next year.... thanx MO!!!!

Reviewed October 1, 2010

Amazing staff! Our team travels 30 weeks a year and we know a great hotel when we stay in one. Staff speaks great English, attention to detail everywhere. Great gym, amazing food and very roomy bathroom. Hotel is adjacent Swabien mall, everything you need is within moments. Too many restaraunts to name within a 3 minute walk. We will stay here every time we come to the area

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank 2tired2choose
Reviewed August 27, 2010

I travel to Stuttgart (Vaihingen) for business on a regular basis (approx. once per month for a couple of days) and after having tried out some other hotels, always opt for the Mo.hotel. It has friendly staff, a nice modern design, it is very quiet, has an excellent breakfast and a good restaurant and an small gym/sauna where you can work out and/or relax after work.

The only negative about the hotel is the quality of its wifi internet connection. First of all, there is wifi only in one wing of the building (the part above the reception). If you get a room in the wing above the restaurant, you have to go and sit out in the lobby if you want to connect to wifi. Each time I check in, I ask for a room in the wifi part of the building, but not always they have a room available in that part. For a modern hotel, this is quite unacceptable. Moreover, the hotel does not have its own (free) internet connection, but you need to connect through t-mobile, which offers good service, but against payment. I have the impression though that this is customary in German hotels.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business