“Wonderful”
Review of Hotel Korschtal

Hotel Korschtal
Ranked #45 of 146 Hotels in Stuttgart
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Big bang for your buck, hotel.... Nice interior garage, very good wifi, very good breakfast, nice staff, nice room, not too expensive, what else ,ask for ? I definitely recommend , was a pleasant find.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank grosminet42
There are newer reviews for Hotel Korschtal

Reviewed March 11, 2012

I was staying in this hotel one night during my trip to Geneva motoshow. I got here about midnight. I was expected one person on the reception half sleeping - I was little bit afraid of "family feeling" of this hotel. But that didn't happen ! There was bunch of people in the restaurant right next to free parking - right in front of the hotel. Which was excellent. The bartender went out right when spotted me. Very friendly guy. Gave me the key room, all the instructions. No complicated papers, nothing. It was good, we were tired. Rooms ok, between 2-3 star. Bathroom little bit old, but wasn't catastrophical. Next day we packed up our things, went down to the reception, did the necessary papering (3 minutes), paid with credit card and we were on our way. I was pleased. Wasn't modern contemporary style, but got what I wanted. Fast and comfort stay during night for ok price.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kaka3
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We used this hotel as a 1 night stop off on our euro road trip holiday, as we had our own car the onsite underground secure car park was great. The room was nice, clean and ideal for us. The only negative was the location (which is not the hotels fault), as its outside the town places to eat etc are limited. Everyone we met spoke superb english which is helpful when your german is poor!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2008

We stayed at the Korschtal on a trip through Europe and after staying in various Novotels which we do like, the Korschtal came as a bit of a shock. The room was ok for a family of four but the bathroom was very cramped, dark and looked like it hadnt been changed since the 60s. The area was very boring with nothing to do except get a tram to Stuttgart to eat as there was no restaurant at the Korschtal. The games room/lounge was in an adjoining building which looked like a shop front, and was entered by using a separate key. Inside there was one bored...and i mean BORED game, a dining table, and a strange smell. I wouldnt let my kids in there on their own as anyone could have come in off the street. So if all you want is a sleep and absolutely nothing else, then the Korschtals for you !

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank synthman
Reviewed March 31, 2007

Myself and 9 others stayed at this hotel for 1 night during the World Cup. We could not find much close to the Italy-US game in Kaiserslautern.

Service:
The lady at the front desk (who happened to be the wife of the owner) was british (husband was German) and quite nice. The cleaning staff was friendly and helpful and contacted me via my phone when I left my passport in the hotel.

Rooms:
The rooms were small but extremely clean. I stayed in a twin bedroom that had a small TV, a large window, closet, and small bathroom. Most of the room was painted in white and black (standard decor). The entire building may have contained about 12-15 rooms of varying size.

Price:
We paid approximately $60/room ($30/person).

Food:
The continental breakfast was quite large with a vast array of meats, cheeses, rolls, juices, and cereals.

Location:
We were able to walk about 10 minutes down the road to a convention center/casino/mall. It appeared to be more of a commercial district then a cultural mecca. The light rail stop was a block away from the hotel and once on the train, about a 10 minute trip into the HB which connected us to the DB.

I would reccomened this hotel to any budget traveller who was in the region.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Mikeymike15
Reviewed July 4, 2006

I had a hard time finding a room in Germany to accommodate a family of four (children ages 10 & 15), until I found this hotel through the internet. When we finally decided to visit Stuttgart, I e-mailed the hotel with my request. I recieved a quick response from Ms. Evans and luckily the room with four beds was available on the day of our arrival. Although the room wasn't furnished with A/C, we felt very comfortable. The people from the hotel were very helpful and gave great advice. We were advised to take the trolly to the Fan Fest, rather than by car since we weren't familiar with the area. We walked to the Trolly Station since it's only a few blocks away from the hotel. We purchased a group ticket (good up to 5 people) for it was cheaper than purchasing individual tickets. The trolly took us directly to the Fan Fest and back to our starting point. The hotel has it's own underground garage to park the car, which didn't cost extra. The hotel has a restraunt, too. Before ending the day, we had refreshments (Spetzi) while sitting in the patio. The continental breakfast was great! Loved the meat, cheese, bread, juice, etc.... Overall, we were very happy that we found and stayed at this hotel. If we were to visit Stuttgart again, we will definetly stay at this location. Thank you Ms. Evans and to the other staff members of Hotel Korschtal. Warm Regards from California, USA

• Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank donuvia
Reviewed July 22, 2004

This is a nice, clean, friendly, comfortable hotel. Our only quibble with it is that it is farther from central Stuttgart than we had expected. Still, it's near the S-bahn so you can get in to town easily in about 20 minutes. Next time I go to Stuttgart, I'll look for a hotel more centrally located, though.

4  Thank awaintroob