“Great stay”

Ranked #6 of 146 Hotels in Stuttgart
Munich, Germany
“Great stay”
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I come to Stuttgart to visit friends, shop amd enjoy rhe nightlife which means the hotel room is not the highlight of the trip. We stay In this hotel each time and we can only say good things about it. It's clean, modern and service is friendly. It's a no frills motel but you won't feel like your missing anything. Location is perfect, sbahn station is a few meters from the front door and the famous shopping street is one street over, making the motel near perfect. We bring our dog (only 5 euros extra a night) and pay the extra 7.50 each for a full breakfast, if your looking for a clean and comfortable place to stay with a friendly staff look no further!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank AKStylist

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
london
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I originally rated an "average" but, in any sense relates to service and facility, Motel One is definitely over priced (especially poor front desk, only for check-in function).
I picked, and stayed one night, here all because I need to catch an early morning train to Strasbourg.
The room has nothing equipped not even very basic facility, e.g. kettle to boil hot water, I must write an incident here that I tried to ask the front desk if if I could borrowed a kettle to prepare some hot water for taking pills (my wife got cold and headache that night), an cruel elder man on the front desk answered me loudly "no kettle provided, I don't understand you why taking pills with hot water, don't cheating me if you want to make tea indeed, I can only give you hot water in a can, is that ok?" That's such ridiculous response, he made me so embarrass as there were many guests on the bar table and looking at us. I eventually accepted his generous giving of "a can of hot water".
Paying such room price of Motel One, there many examples of hotels/Inns that are similar class/standard/pricing as Motel One but they all equipped (e.g. kettle, instant coffee/tea bag) and service far better than Motel One offering. Some Tripadvisor members delighted with the breakfast, don't forget the breakfast not free to supply which is in fact a restaurant selling food & beverage, so I don't think "breakfast" is an value added point.
I don't mind they're not well-equipped, however, if Motel One were selling a comparatively lower price than the current, I will accept. Unfortunately, they are absolutely over priced.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
London
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Full marks for the stylish yet cheap Motel One Hauptbahnhof in Stuttgart. Located next to an exit from the S bahn from the airport yet moments away from the city centre, this has unrivalled convenience of location. The look is modern and chic, the room was spotless and comfortable - I love the log fire video on the TV - and the breakfast reasonably priced and good. I had an near-uninterrupted night, but if you have. roadside room, 1. you have to close the curtains if you are anything other than fully dressed and 2. there area couple of nightclubs nearby, so I suspect a summer evening would be noisy, even though soundproofing seems good. Best ask for a room at the back. Otherwise, impressive value for money

Room Tip: room at the back I think.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Hamburg
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Ibis with a twist - Motel One impresses with its modern design, and is fine for a short stay if you don't need much space. Breakfast, 7.50, was better than expected. Drinks in the bar are good value. Beds are hard.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Although the hotel is fine, the rooms are small, basic but clean. I am traveling here with my wife on a business/vacation and we both need to be in touch with work back home. Unfortunately the hotel promised free wifi but when we arrived the receptionist shrugged and said it was not working. And apparently he does not know when it will be back and cannot offer any secondary means of connecting to Internet. For a hotel that is aimed at business travelers it is thoroughly unacceptable.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Australia
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We had 5 nights, and our daughter 2 nights, in the Motel One Stuttgart-Hauptbahnhof in December. This was our first time in one of the Motel One chain of hotels and it exceeded our expectations. The hotel is quite new and beautifully fitted out in the reception area, breakfast area and the rooms. The rooms are slightly on the small side, but adequate. The breakfast buffet was very good. The location of the hotel was excellent for access to the city and Christmas markets, and for trains, UBahn and SBahn. Pricewise, the hotel was excellent value. Overall, we were most impressed with our first Motel One experience, and would not hesitate to stay there again in Stuttgart, or to stay in any of the other hotels in the Motel One chain.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AussieTraveller56
Waterford Ireland
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The Motel One is literally at an exit from Stuttgart Main Railway station.Reception was a very pleasant area, check in was very friendly and efficient.
The room was pleasant but a little on the cramped side. I kept hitting against the wall mounted flat screen tv, it was so near the bed. The lack of a wardrobe didnt matter too much as i was only staying for 2 nights. The bed was very comfortable, and even though my room overlooked Lautenschlagerstr, a busy enough shopping street,there was hardly any noise.
The bathroom was very small, but the shower was very good- only one "does everything" toiletry provided.
Breakfast was ok, there was a reasonable variety.
The night bar staff were friendly and bar prices reasonable. All in all, for a short stay, its a very convenient city centre hotel.I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo