“Ok hotel”

Ranked #4 of 149 Hotels in Stuttgart
South West England, United Kingdom
“Ok hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is ok. I wouldn't say it was luxurious. Just a pleasant hotel.

Had to change rooms when I first arrived as the flush in the bathroom would not work. Apparently this is a problem known throughout the hotel and they are working to replace the flushes in all of the rooms.

Second room identical to first room. I was on the SPG floor in a superior room. Room was noisy due to traffic from the road (often woke with my heart racing after blasting of horns or sirens outside).

There are no tea or coffee making facilities although they do provide free bottles of water.

Had a bit of a disaster in the restaurant Le Cassoulet but the bar restaurant (I think it's called Lillets) is very nice. While the tables are too low to sit at a table and eat, the food is very nice (unlike le cassoulet).

Check in staff were pleasant and accommodating, as was the concierge. Although one morning I did ask the concierge for a taxi and he told me to get one myself outside the hotel... I pursued this and asked him to flag one down and aide with the translation for my destination to which he reluctantly obliged.

Hotel is about a 20minute walk to the main shopping street in Stuttgart. I found restaurants hard to find although a nice little Italian called Tialini which has good prices.

Shopping not nearly as good as in Frankfurt.

On my departure there was a drama across the road with over 100 police officers attending a scene where someone was threatening to jump of a building! This was unfortunate but did not impact my stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SabrinaHubert, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Le Meridien Stuttgart, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear “Victoria E“

Thank you very much for posting your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us at le Meridien Stuttgart.

We highly appreciate your comments. We were disappointed to hear that your recent experience at the hotel did not meet your expectations and I would like to offer our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. The feedback we receive from our valued guests enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. It was encouraging to discover that our associates did positively contribute to your enjoyment and I will share your kind comments with them.

Dear “Victoria E“, we sincerely hope that this experience will not deter you from giving us a second try on your next visit to Stuttgart.

Warm regards

Guest Relation Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

This is a nice hotel but not a 5 star hotel.

The rooms are small and not that well cleaned. The carpet in the hotel (rooms and hallways) are very dirty and have stains everywhere. The rooms are very noisy, you can hear people in the room next to you talk.

The restaurant is a big plus. Good food. Breakfast in the morning is great as well, although the hot food was cold very quickly.

The rooms are not cheap at all, rather expensive. This is ok if the hotel gives you value for your money. Well in my opinion they did not.

Le Meridien is part of Starwoord but Westin or W are a much better choice.

Room Tip: Starwood has better hotels to offer.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ”I_Like_Gooood_Hotels”

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet in the morning.
With regards to your feedback about our room’s product, we sincerely apologize that we couldn’t deliver on your expectation on this occasion. We sincerely thank you for advising us of your comments and rest assured that your opinion is very much valued as indeed our aim is to provide excellent service at all times especially in a five star environment.

Dear ”I_Like_Gooood_Hotels”, we do hope that you will continue to return to Le Méridien Stuttgart and Starwood Hotels & Resorts in the future. We very much look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

I had visited the hotel a couple of years previously, so was aware of the close proximity to the centre of Stuttgart.
The hotel has convenient underground parking, but the curved ramp down to the garage is Very narrow for a large car, and although I was glad I wasn't the driver, the numerous paint marks on the wall, suggested other drivers had had similar issues.
There was a minor issue at check in where the key card I was given was not activated for the correct room, but when I went back down to reception this was swiftly corrected.
The room was functional and comfortable. My room faced away from the road, and was very quiet.
The shower was very good and was designed nicely to avoid the dripping wet bathroom floor that I so often encounter in hotels.
The hotel bar staff were very friendly and helpful, and I thank them for their courteous and professional manner.
The breakfast, although expensive at €25 (if paid for separately), was excellent, and there was a wide choice of alternatives.
The pool was nice, and the staff in the Spa were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
SabrinaHubert, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Le Meridien Stuttgart, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear “Nigel P“,

Thank you very much for your review about your recent stay at Le Meridien Stuttgart.

Indeed our hotel is located close to the city center. Our location offers our entire guests an excellent starting point to explore the city. However your satisfaction with our services and amenities is even more important to us. Therefore it is great that we could not only impress with friendliness but also with our efficiency.

Dear “Nigel P“, we do hope that your travels will bring you back to Stuttgart.

Warm regards,

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Arrived at hotel around 1000 - so room not being ready was fine. Afternoon returned & check in desk very busy. Finally got our room - disappointed when I opened the door, I think it was a corner room. It was overlooking the main road and sound proofing was inadequate, carpet had crumbs all over. Went down to front desk staff. Was told ALL superior rms are overlooking main road so will be noisy.As Hotel running full they cannot upgrade me unless I pay 25Euros - which I did. Newly assigned room MUCH better there is no view, so it's quiet.
Needed the concierge, but was told that he was on his break, but then another staff came over to assist.
Evening, there's a protest going on outside the hotel, receptionist tells us to walk up to the roundabout to get a taxi. We failed = no taxi. Back at the hotel we ask again if they can help us as we are late and another receptionist - says not problem, told us to stay put and driver will come into hotel to get us. Don't know why this was not offered to us first time round.
The bathroom has no bath, but a good shower - but seriously be careful as it is VERY slippery - to the point that they should have a mat in the bathroom.
There is no kettle or coffee machine. But there is iron and board.
Gym is good with all essential equipment. Did not use spa.
Breakfast was a good spread... juices, cooked options, soy milk etc. no complaints on the quality and quantity - but get rid of the chipped crockery!
All said - the staff is professional and addressed the issues I had, but just there seemed no co-ordination.
Location of hotel is good, BUT to walk across to town( 5-8mins) one must go through the park - which has major construction going on in it. During the day light hours not a problem - would not want to walk through at night.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the main road are noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SabrinaHubert, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Le Meridien Stuttgart, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear “ho_sik“

Thank you for your feedback in relation to your recent stay with us. We hope you had a delightful trip back to Hong Kong and enjoyed your overall stay in Stuttgart.

Regrettably, we had to read that you were not satisfied with your stay at Le Meridien Stuttgart. As we explained in the email sent to you after your departure the demonstration was not claimed in advance so the taxi pick up had to be reorganized.
Some taxis appeared at the front gate to pick up guests as the taxi company couldn`t reach all drivers on time.

We would be delighted if you take our apology for the dissatisfaction with the booked Superior room. Our superior rooms are our standard category; these are similar to the deluxe rooms. The main difference between the categories is the view; the deluxe rooms offer a nice view to the back of the hotel.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast. We have forwarded your feedback to our Restaurant Manager and our Executive Chef, which was much appreciated.

Dear “ho_sik“, besides, we hope that we will get the chance to welcome you to Le meridian in Stuttgart again. The entire team is more than delighted to make your next stay more enjoyable and show you that we are still able to meet your expectations.

Yours Sincerely,

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We arrived here at the end of a brutal, three flight, 18 hour trip. The hotel let us check in early, which was much appreciated. Every employee was very nice and efficient. The room service food was excellent and fast. The hotel is located in an area that makes it easy to walk to the city center. The rooms are very nice, the beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms are clean, updated and modern. Although it's on a busy street and our room faced the street, the windows are either double or triple paned because there was little to no traffic noise. This is the only place I'd ever stay in Stuttgart.

1 Thank baps27
Dear “baps27“

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and observations following your most recent visit to Le Meridien Stuttgart.

We are delighted to see that you had a memorable stay amongst us; all of your comments are greatly appreciated and will be passed on to the relevant departments.

Dear “baps27“, we hope you will return to Le Meridien Stuttgart in the future where a warm indigenous welcome home awaits you.

Warm regards,

Atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Hotel is a 5 minute walk from the main train station. Self parking is available in an underground garage for around 20 EUR/day. Be careful as the garage is very compact & it’s easy to scrape your car against the walls. There is a large gym/spa/swimming pool. There is a large park with a bier garden directly across from the hotel (2 min. walk).

Free WIFI is only available in the hotel lobby; it is not convenient to use because you must obtain a password from the front desk every session (1 hour). It gets rather annoying. For example if you decide to check your email for 2 minutes & then come back later to check it again you would have to request a new passcode from the front desk. In my case I was given an invalid passcode twice so I decided to purchase the internet package. Other Le Meridien properties have a free network in the lobby & the only information required is room number & name. There is a free business center in the lobby with several computers. However, I am wary about using personal information with public computers due to security issues.

The front desk agent provided friendly & courteous service at check in. The room I received did not meet basic functional & hygienic standards. The bathroom toilet seat had numerous dried urine stains on it; clearly not washed but these types of things happen occasionally. The front desk sent someone to clean up. Later in the night I decided to watch pay per view television but could not access any movies. The front desk could not solve the problem over the phone so they sent someone up who didn’t have a clue how to fix the problem. He wasted about 20 minutes unplugging/plugging the TV wires/cables. Then I was told to wait until the next day before they could fix the problem. I was offered another room but I chose against this option because it was midnight. It would have been inconvenient to go through the process of repacking everything & moving. I called the manager that night to express my concerns regarding basic maintenance & cleanliness expectations. He apologized & in return for being unable to meet basic expectations he offered me a free breakfast, which I declined.

I’ve had many enjoyable experiences with Starwood properties including Le Meridien. This was the first time I received careless customer service. It would be understandable if this occurred at a cheap hostel but a hotel brand of this caliber & price point should not fail to meet basic standards. If they do fail then they should correct the problem with their superior customer service. After my incidents in the room no one apologized until I called the manager. During checkout I was asked about my stay & I explained the problem. The agent apologized & gave me her card. She told me to give her a call next time I visit the hotel & she will make sure the stay is better. Why would I ever visit the hotel again? She would have been better served if she discounted the stay or offered me a free room night. It’s a shame I need to call ahead in order to ensure a clean room & operational TV.

Room Tip: ask for a room close to the elevator as the odd shape of the hotel requires a lot of walking from so...
Dear “ShortReview“

Thank you for your transparent feedback in regards to your recent stay with us.

We endeavor to ensure our guests experience a memorable stay with us, and it is unfortunate this was not the case during your visit. Disappointing to hear that the overall functional & hygienic standards, the TV issue, and the service you encountered was not to the level you expect, and most certainly not to the level we strive to offer to our guests. We aim to tailor each guests experience according to their expectations and we have clearly failed on this occasion.

We would be most grateful if you could make direct contact with us as we keen to ensure we are able to win back your faith in Le Meridien Stuttgart as we must highlight that the service and product shortfalls you experienced is not indicative of what our guests typically experience.

Dear “ShortReview“, thank you again for your feedback and we do hope to hear from you soon.

Yours Sincerely,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

As expected I had another wonderful stay (5 nights) at Le Meridien Stuttgart. From check in to check out, every staff person I encountered (front desk, concierge, restaurant) was friendly, knowledgeable, professional and courteous. Although I did not have a chance to visit the Spa, my large Junior Suite made up for it with luxury galore. Sitting area, desk, large flat screen television, spacious bathroom and of course a nice big fluffy bed! The extra-large windows (pretty much floor to ceiling) let in plenty of light. My room faced the street and I had no problem with noise whatsoever – even with the windows open. The free Wi-Fi and computer usage in the Business Center came in handy and I highly recommend the buffet breakfast (fresh fruit, juices, wide assortment of bread and pastries, bacon eggs, etc.) – a great way to start the day! Like all good things, my stay had to come to an end, but there is no doubt in my mind that I will return!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AuntieVern
Dear “AuntieVern“

Thank you so much for your warm words and taking the time to share your impressions with other travelers. It was a great pleasure to welcome you to Le Meridien Stuttgart.

Your feedback is very important to us as we try to improve our services and standards continuously. Therefore we are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and you will return to our hotel. Of course we have forwarded your wonderful feedback immediately to the entire team, which is much appreciated.

Especially for your warm words regarding our staff we would like to thank you very much. We are more than delighted to hear that everything was great and to your entire satisfaction. That is exactly what we are working for and your review makes us proud!

Dear “AuntieVern“, if there is anything to make your next stay even more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to contact us. The entire team is delighted to assist you and welcome you to Le Meridien Stuttgart soon again.

Best wishes,